Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Going to School Soon!

My little baby will start school soon (January 2009). I just settled his school fees yesterday which cost me RM 958 for a start. The total will include his January fees. So, Daddy will have to start paying his monthly school fees from February onwards. Per month cost around RM 240. Daddy will bear the school fees while I'll take care of the transport fees. The total amount will sustain till the mid of next year where I'll need to fork out around RM 600-700 for the second term to begin. Kindies now a days are getting pretty expensive.

When I settled the balance yesterday, Lydia ( Lunz's pretty teacher) told me there will be an orientation session before the school re-opens. Some where around the final week of December and she will keep me informed when the time comes. I passed to her lunz's 2 passport-sized photograph for record keeping purposes but some how I forgot to gave her a copy of his birth certificate requested along earlier. Absent-minded ME!

My little baby is going to school! I'm so nervous. Questions begin popping up my head. Will he cry? Will he be afraid? Can he get used to the environment? How would his reactions be on the first few days at school? I told daddy that and he asked why I am so worried. I said I will 'sum tung' if he cried non-stop at school. Daddy answered me that I have to let him grow, can't hold him tight to me forever. Everybody will by-pass that stage, he claimed.

I got so excited that I bought him a school bag. I wanted to buy those Mickey Mouse and Bob The Builder version but of course, much much more expensive. But I didn't, because Daddy said no point in buying such good quality for children because they will ended up throwing their bags here and there. Well, I just thought that good quality will not spoilt and damage easily and can be used for a long term. But I accepted Daddy's point of view because to me this kind of morale lessons are also good for the kid. It teaches them not to be materialize and always opt for branded/expensive things at young age. They will not get spoilt easily as they grow up.

Back to me, once I bought him the bag, I wondered what else I need to buy. I mean what else the kindi is supplying? I got so excited that I went looking around for pencil case, colour pencils and water bottles. Then, Lydia told me school will provide pencils but I need to buy him colour pencils instead. And the rest, they will make known to us during orientation day. Duh??!! I mean orientation day is just 1 week before school re-opens. Can't she provide us the details earlier so that we can buy earlier? I don't wanna jam pack with other parents rushing to buy their kids' stuff at the last minute. I guess I will buy him first whatever necessary stuffs that crossed my mind and I know that the kindi isn't providing like pencil colours and water bottle.

I took him for passport photo shooting earlier. 2 reasons that I needed the photographs. 1 is mainly for his kindi and another one is for his Singapore trip. I need to take him for passport making at the Immigrations, maybe around March or April 2009. Hopefully, his looks don't change much till then. It took a lot of effort to persuade him to look at the camera and he kept on making funny faces and gestures. Looking away and even cupped his face with both of his hands. It took the photographer more than 10 shots to get a proper one.

Daddy commented that he looked so grown up in this picture and I had to agree with him. He doesn't look like 3 plus.

No comments: