Friday, October 15, 2010

Finally.....

I was drop dead busy recently with MTC's first of its kind international timber exhibition to be held in KL Convention Centre next week. In fact, all the staffs are running here and there preparing for the big show. I was assigned to the exhibition secretariat to help out some last minute stuffs for this whole week that I don't even have the time to blog about one of the biggest decision/action in my life that I have made last Friday. Today....I finally have the time because I have finished all the work....yiiipppeee!!

Well...I'm about to come across one of the biggest transition in life. I'll be working in a new environment. Yes! I have tendered my resignation last Friday. I have just gotten the confirmation letter on my resignation from MTC today. Finally, after 3 years of working here and after 1 1/2 years of job hunting, I found a job that made me felt worthwhile giving up MTC. MTC offers good benefits and the opportunity to travel. Although the pay is peanut but there is no denying that I get to travel to many places and witness different cultures. The new company that I'll be joining is the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). The JD is pretty much the same as what I'm doing now in MTC, except, of course the difference is to serve the oil and gas industry rather than the timber industry.

We can't have the best of both worlds. So, I went for what I think is the most important for my future. Higher pay and salary structure and the opportunity to learn more about other industry while I'm still young. I thought long and hard before I came to this decision. I was quite worried at first, as I'm in the comfort zone, I'm afraid to venture elsewhere. Everything seems good in MTC if you don't think about the peanut pay and the slim promotion chances. Monday to Friday work, clock in and out punctually, no overtime, stress-free, good colleagues, bla bla bla....

But somehow, I guessed it's time to move on. Earlier, I have tried to request for salary adjustment but was rejected. Also, I found out recently that the newbies (fresh grads) who just entered MTC has even higher salary than me for the similar position. Honestly, when I learnt such news, I was a lil' offended by the company's unsystematic/biased move on the staff's salary but am glad at the same time also that I'm finally leaving. There is no chance I can move on to a higher salary range if I'm still in MTC. What was offered to me now by SPE would takes me 7-8 years to achieve in MTC and I will be too old to venture elsewhere by the time. That's why I left. Thanks to hubby and darling sis for the encouragements and supports. Muaks!

My last day will be on the 26th November after deducting my annual leaves. I'll taking 2 weeks of long rest before I start my new job. I'm forgoing my bonus also to join the new company but I guess it's ok, opportunity doesn't comes often and I don't want to miss it. I will earn back in a month or two. I'll be missing all the crazy laughs here, definitely. My friends rather than colleagues, I wished them all well. Especially to Lihar who is the only friend at work that reads my blog (because the others don't know about it), I wish you, "sam siong si sing", hope for what will get what. You know what I meant. :p Remember to inform me even though I'm not around later. I'll be very happy for you. :)

I'm gonna spend my remaining days here in MTC for good!

3 comments:

yennyhfy @ samsara said...

the Guardian Angels dropped by with a message saying, "You'll be blessed ! Enjoy life as love surrounds you no matter what you do :)"

same-same to you arr...sum siong si sing okies!

Lunz Lunz said...

Love you too, sis!
Hahaha....sing lei guai yin lar!

TheBlueRanger said...

just got the time to drop by. am happy for you, really. if i get the good news, you'll definitely know