Friday, October 29, 2010

Updates

I'm actually quite free at work now, just counting down to my last day in MTC. Apart from finishing up some pending stuffs, I don't know what else I can do. Nothing much to update in particular, because all of us are good. I'm just looking forward to Ipoh trip next week and my two weeks of rest before I start at the new place. I need to figure out where to bring the lil' one for some school holiday trip. Maybe just a day trip at Genting or Sunway Lagoon Park. Not sure yet but will definitely have one.

Let me just update about the lil' one a bit. He is currently 32kg....I know...I know, a lil' overweight for his age but luckily he is very tall. So, can cover up a bit. His height is almost my chest level now. Honestly, don't think he looks like a 5-year old though. He is getting talkative, cheeky and more mischievous now. And he also talks back now. I recalled one incident where I said, eat med-cine! He corrected me and say, no! It's not med-cine. It's ME-DI-CINE!

There are times when he got out from bath, saw the pile of clothes in the laundry basket and said to me, washing machine spoil dy. Which is true. Our washing machine is currently out of order and I need to hand-wash the clothes. He saw me a couple of times hand washing the laundry. Then I told him jokingly while wiping him dry with a towel, ya, washing machine spoil dy, mummy need to wash....you don't wear so many clothes ok.

Then, you know what he did next?

My darling boy approached the full laundry basket and pushed all the clothes down, hence, it was more compact and the pile of clothes were not so high compared to previous. There ya, he said. Meaning, the laundry basket was not full yet, my mommy don't have to wash first. Haha....at the age of 5 1/2 already know how to think about the mother.

He never failed to make us laugh everyday. There was one fine day, when I picked him up from school, he proudly showed me an envelope. Inside, was a Mickey Mouse birthday invitation card. Told me in the car, that it's Nick's (his classmate) birthday. I asked him, you wanna go to Nick's birthday? He said yes. First time so far of his 5 1/2 years of life, he told me he wanted to go to his friend's birthday party. Normally, he likes to stay alone, being alone, rather anti-social. But, I found out lately, he started to mix around and he kinda wanted/like companies. Even his school teacher told me, that now he talks a lot in school. My boy has really grown up.

Back to the envelope, when we reached home, according to daddy, he saw the lil' boy chucked the envelope into the mailbox and summoned for his daddy to go near the mailbox where he was waiting. Then, the bugger lifted up the mailbox flap and retrieved the envelope inside. He told daddy, that he has a mail!! Haha...he threw the envelope into the mailbox and pretended he has a mail! Hahaha...cheeky rite? Too much of Mr. Bean.

I also took him for an MMR second booster recently and the boy did not cried at all. Both daddy and I praised him for being a strong boy and he was very proud of himself. He kept on talking a lot, a proud expression/boost of his glory. I have read before in a book that raising a boy is different from raising a girl. A girl will get every confidence she wants or has, but a boy needs to be told. To grow up being confident, a boy need to feel loved and praised by the parents. A girl's confidence is there naturally but for a boy, you need to build his confidence. And that can be done by telling or gesturing how much you appreciate and love him. I guess, it's true.

There are so many things to tell about him, like when we are at home on weekends, every 15 minutes he will open the fridge and asked me, hmmm....mummy...what to eat? Haha....wai sik mao!

So, this Sunday is Nick's birthday party. I can't wait to bring him there and see how he interacts with his friends~!

2 comments:

yennyhfy @ samsara said...

argghh....cheeky-cheeky pinch-pinch! wonder if he let me pinch pinch him..~~ tell Lunz kai-mama wants to pinch his cheeky face when she is back.

Lunz Lunz said...

Hahaha....can, but u must standby some goodies like chocolates and sweets, if not how to make him come close and let you pinch? :P