Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Was Yesterday

Daddy picked us up for Christmas Eve's dinner after work on Wednesday and we headed off to Mines. Wouldn't wanna be caught in traffic jam should we traveled to any places further than that. Some how, we have lost the enthusiasms to stay out late for night parties or to crowded places. So, we decided to settle down for a nice and peaceful dinner. After dinner, we took Lunz for a walk outside the mall. He insisted to look at the fishes in the canal. I noticed that all the fishes went missing unlike previously, there were swarms of them on the surface of the water. Maybe the management has allocated them away which I wasn't very sure. So, my little boy kinda felt disappointed failing to locate any signs of the fishes. Then, he said he wanted to go up the connecting bridge whilst pointing to the bridge. So, we took him for a walk up the bridge. He kept on looking down at the gaps of the wooden bridge as we walked. His grip tightened around our hands when he noticed that it was water underneath the bridge. But later, after several ups and downs the bridge, he kinda like it already!

Recalling back to the dinner scene, I had to carry him and pushed his hand with all my mighty strength towards the hand wash basin for him to wash his hands. He had fries using hands, so of course, he gotta washed them (his hands) afterward, but his reluctance to go near the wash basin was so high as if the basin was a humongous monster that would swallowed him up if he goes near. The story behind was, he got frightened by the hand dryer machine when he went to the basin to wash his hands during one of our trip to Burger King. He was practically standing under the dryer (due to his height) waiting for his turn to wash his hands when the dryer sensored human presence and carried out its job. So, the air blowing noise scared him off. Since then, he is very reluctant to wash his hands at the basin if we are to eat outside.

So, back at Mines, I gotta carried an uncooperative 20kg fella twisting here and there, trying so much to flee himself to the wash basin to wash his hands. And when I was done with him, I saw that the man queuing behind me was smiling at the little one's action. I was embarrassed but at the same time laughed at this silly little boy. I managed to grab daddy a surprise Christmas present because I just wanted to cheer him up. We both had agreed earlier on not to waste any money to buy each other Christmas presents because there are still many occasions such as our anniversary, Chinese New Year and my birthday lining up next month. So, we decided to skip this one but we did bought Christmas gifts for Lunz instead. Even though that was the initial agreement, I felt that sometimes we need to pamper our partner's soul. A gift, regardless of the price will showed the opposite that we care and cherish them. Surprises are definitely good for the soul. That's why I got him something but little did I know we share the same thought. Maybe we just want to cheer each other up and feel happy about it.

When daddy was young, his dearest mum used to put Christmas pressies next to him on the bed at night when he was asleep and told him that Santa delivered his gift when he woke up the next morning. It was a lovely thought of cheering your kids up the moment they open their eyes the first thing on Christmas Day to see the surprise. She is a great mother and although I know that I don't have the chance to get to know her, she will forever be greatly remembered by us. Therefore, we decided to continue the practice to our children. To leave the pressies next to them when they have fallen asleep and get the surprise first thing on Christmas morning.

When he woke up, he saw the 2 nicely wrapped presents on his bed but he dare not touched them. After we told him that those were meant for him and urged him to unwrapped them, he made no hesitation anymore. He tore the wrapping paper apart to discover a huge bouncy ball and a box of paint-and-mold underwater creatures which includes his most favorite starfish! (That's why I bought it ;P).

Then I noticed a wrapped up jewelry box on my dressing table. No doubt. My Christmas gift! It was a white gold chain and a matching pendant. I hardly wear any necklace since I had lost mine several years ago. But it was a very nice thought from daddy indeed. I will be wearing his gift from now on. He, in exchanged got a useful Nike pouch from me where he can dumped all his property inside without having to concern which compartment to slot them on his pants.

Then we headed for a 2 to 3 hours walk in Jusco. I got daddy a Hush Puppies leather slip on shoes for 20% discount and told him that that would make up for our anniversary gift from my side.

Who knows? Maybe we will surprise each other again? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woman!! guess who?? wow...i like the idea of you writing a blog bout your son. It's like an online diary which he can refer to next time when he's older and able to access the internet. :D

Lunz Lunz said...

Well...if I'm not mistaken, you should be Fong Yi rite? Hahaha...thanks. I get the idea of blogging from other mummies. It is a good way of telling my son all the grandmother stories. But I started out quite late...I can't remember anymore stuffs about him when he was a baby. But at least I'm able to keep track from now on.

This is where I'll update stuffs. Do drop by constantly. :)