Monday, June 29, 2009

Trip to Thistle Hotel, Port Dickson

I had to work in a function last Thursday and Friday in Thistle Hotel, Port Dickson. Daddy and Lunz tagged along as well. We were there for 3 days 2 nights. In fact, my company only gave us one night stay (Thursday night) and we had earlier decided to extend another night when the function has end, purely just to relax and enjoy ourselves on this half-sponsored holiday.

As I had to work whole day on Thursday, daddy babysitted Lunz. Occasionally, I dropped by during breaks just to check out if both of them were alright. Upon check-in to our room, daddy took Lunz to a Kidz Club (some child play area) located on the first floor and the little one had fun playing with the toys. Much to daddy's dismay later when he found out that he eventually need to pay to use the facility. Earlier on when he told me about the place, I thought that the hotel is so nice to have a child play area for the guests' convenience. But it turned out that we have to pay to get the facility. Not a hotel that I would consider going back again considering its not-so-user-friendly facilities.

Daddy was asked by the hotel's staff on how long the little one had played and insisted for a payment of RM50 for a whole day of playing in the room until 5pm. Daddy told the fella that he was unaware that he has to pay to enter as there was no signage indicating such and no staff was posted there to look after when he entered. No way he was going to pay for that. Then, both daddy and Lunz quickly left the room.

Soon after that, daddy brought Lunz to the pool. The little one was very daring with the slides located next to the pool. Rounds after rounds he had so much fun sliding down to the pool. I was on the 4th floor watching them with my colleagues. One of my colleague managed to take some photos of Lunz going down the slide using our company's SLR camera with the fantastic zoom lense. Unfortunately, he is on leave today, I can't get the pictures from him yet. I will upload immediately to this section once I got the pictures. Meanwhile, gotta upload what I have first. The little one was very brave with the pool, even crossing over to the adult's pool. He even intended to swim without the floating ring, in which of course, daddy will not let him to. This is the first time he was this daring with pools. Maybe my boy has already grown up and knows how to enjoy the fun!

For lunch, they ate what I had prepared earlier from home.....cookies, maggie mee, hotdogs and sandwiches. Then, according to daddy, both of them took a nap until I had my dinner break around 6pm. We went out together at a nearby restaurant for dinner. After that, I had to resume my meeting at 8pm while both of them lingered in the room. With laptops, books and toys that we brought along, it was sufficient to keep the little one entertained. Unlike cities, both of them can always have a stroll at a nearby mall or park, but in Port Dickson, they were stuck in the room.

Entertaining himself with a book in the room while I worked.

For next morning, daddy decided to bring Lunz to the Kidz Club even though the hotel was charging us sky high to use the room because there practically wasn't anywhere they both can go besides staying in the room while I worked. I had to finish the morning half session of the function that only ends by lunch. To our surprise, actually the fees to use the room was on RM15 instead of RM50. Maybe, daddy heard it wrongly. Lunz played for awhile and soon got bored. According to daddy, then the two of them played with the elevators instead. Going up and down pressing the buttons in the elevators.

In the Kidz Club.

A variety of toys available including blocks, soft toys, books, sand art and etc.

Puppets as well!

After lunch I was finally free, Lunz played in the outdoor park for awhile, then all of us headed on to the pool for a dip. Luckily the pool was nice, comforting to know that the only attraction for the hotel still looks good.

Wonderful view of the pool.

That's the slide I talked about just now.

The pool bar.

After breakfast on the following morning, we took Lunz to the outdoor park again. Before we check-out from the hotel, we decided to take a last swim in the pool.

On the see-saw.

He insisted daddy to carry him on this.

In action.

Caught in action.

Down the slide.

A shot of mummy.

Mummy and Lunz shot.

Nothing much is interesting in PD. The only attraction in the hotel is just the swimming pool. The beach is a BIG OUT. Given RM 300 ++ for a night stay in this hotel, I might as well switch the direction to Pulau Perhentian or Redang for RM400-500, 3 days 2 nights per pax inclusive of meals. And at least the beaches has carpet sand and crystal blue water. But since this was a half-sponsored trip, therefore it was still alright to have a place to relax for the weekend. And to swim as well.

No comments: