Monday, June 8, 2009

Term Assessment and Paint Project

It has been quite some time since I updated my blog. Besides being pretty busy at work, I have got practically nothing much to report. But, since I wanted to write about Lunz first semester assessment, I wouldn't mind sparing a few minutes at work to update my blog.

On May 29th (Saturday), both daddy and I attended Lunz's semester assessment at his kindi. The boy was very shy when his teacher commented about him. He was facing else where most of the time leaving me to talk to his teaches as daddy had to entertain him. I guess this was because we were around that time. But according to his teacher, even though during classes he won't looked at them face to face as well. There was a scene when he even hid his head underneath the table to avoid looking at his teachers.

The principle sat down and chatted together with us. According to them....

1. Lunz got 100% in all his papers, i.e., Chinese, numbers and English but he got a B+ only in writing. I'm so proud of him regardless how much he got.
2. He did a lot of artwork in which some were quite cute such as gluing cotton on top of a paper sheep cut-out. I brought home his artworks to keep.
3. His teacher told me he doesn't pay much attention during class but he knew what the teacher was teaching because when it comes to answering questions, he was able to answer correctly without failed.
4. He was good academically, in fact, he is one of the best but in terms of social mix around with other people, he is still lacking.
5. Likes music a lot.
6. Joins in PE classes only when he likes the day's activity.
7. He was placed between the 2 most talkative kids in his class. Reason? To encourage him to speak and responds more to other kids.
8. He took the lunch that I packed for him only whenever he felt like it. If not, he will closed back the container and stuffed it back into his bag. But he took the food that the teachers gave everyday. You know lar....people's food are always tastier.
9. Has a stubborn attitude. I knew that....

Guess I still need to boost his confidence. His principle told me it will takes around 1 year for him to start socializing around without being shy. Growing up is a process, we will guide him along the way and also let him enjoy his childhood. After all, he is still young. Why should there be pressure on him? That's why I also didn't help him much to revise for his exam lately. Just threw him a paper for each subject and let him did out of fun. When he was done, I kept them away. No reading and revising. This is just a time for him to build up his character and have fun. Childhood fun. Seriousness comes later when it's time.

We brought home his exam papers, his artwork and his progress report book. Well, for rewarding him as well as for his coming birthday, we decided to get him a bicycle. Hehehe....

Plus, both daddy and I already has a big project on-going for the little one. We are in the midst of decorating his own room. At the mean time, we are half way with the mural painting. Correct! We are painting the walls in his room. We started off with ABCs and wanted to draw a lot of his favorite cartoon characters such as Mickey and friends, Pocoyo, Little Einsteins and etc. But it is not as easy as what we initially thought. Both daddy and I can only resume our work everyday when the little one has gone to bed because if not, he will definitely disturb us.

He will say he wanted to colour as well and ruined everything. He has already ruined the B. Scribbled my B with pencil colours and I can't seems to amend it, although I tried covering it with darker colours. Woohooohooo....nevermind, just let me finished the rest of it. By the way, we bought the acrylic paints from a warehouse shop that sells all sorts of art and craft stuffs nearby our house. To add on the fun....#^^(&$%@#$@$#&**^...daddy and I painted the toilet as well yesterday but with pearl glo paint lar. So, there are these BIG PAINT projects happening in the house.

I will update the mural painting pictures when we are done later. But apart from that, honestly, the toilet looks much better now....and we both like it! ;)

No comments: