Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's All About Work

I realize I haven't been updating a single post for August 2009. Here I am, honored to blog on the first post for the month of August. Guess all my readers are constantly asking why my blog was ignored and not updated. This is because I am so loaded up with work. Apart from working on my own projects, I have to take up other people's shit also just because she commented she had to focus on her own "claim" priority project and my boss seems to buy it. So, whatever the not necessaries were dumped to me and my other colleague. I managed to get it done however but it took a bit of my attention away from the current project I'm working on. It's not fair because by the time I had my time back to focus on my own project, I realize I had time wasted. My time is running short now and there are still some urgent arrangements that needed to be sorted out.

Fortunately, I have very helpful and sincere colleagues or shall I call them my senior sisters (Si jeh). They provided me with lots of advices and solutions. Maklumlah, they have plenty of experiences than me when it comes to deal with such situation. I'm thankful to have wonderful and most of all sincere when it comes to help si jehs. By end of today, I managed to untie the knots and get the thing done.

I'm much relax now. Actually the project I'm working on is a mission to Germany this coming September. It's just 2 weeks away. I'm so occupied with the thrown-in project from other people's hand that it took up most of my time. Hence, I'm rushing things at last minutes. But fortunately, it went smooth finally. Little bit of things left on my checklist that needed to be done but I think are quite manageable.

One of them is to get a flu jab before I leave for the trip. This is crazy as every clinic I happened to call told me they ran out of stock. I was advised by Lun's Paed to seek the jab from hospitals instead where the supplies are sufficient. I took the opportunity to inquire about Lun's jab as well. The paed. told me he doesn't keep stock but will source for it if he feels that it is necessary for his patients. He told me it looks unprofessional for him to keep the flu jab stock because he believes people will be coming to him and flood his clinic if they know he is keeping stock. These people will take the jab regardless whether or not they are in the high risk group or if they really need it. Then I asked his opinion on whether it is necessary for my son since he is considered among the high risk people because of his asthmatic background.

He told me if other patients that does not falls in this category, he will advised them not to get the jab but since Lunz has asthma, it is better to take it. He will try to source for me but he told me it will takes around 2 weeks to a month to obtain the supply. He even warned me that this flu jab has to be taken yearly unlike other jabs that you just take once in your lifetime. This flu jab only covers the strain of 2008 and below. There is still no vaccine yet for 2009, which I'm already aware, thanks to my walking news reporter at home. I hardly read news, that's why. Hehehe...Which means we have to come back next year and take the new strain of vaccine again. He told me the current vaccine will not provide 100% protection but at least it will help a bit. Just like wearing a seatbelt when you are driving. It's safe but doesn't mean that when accident happens you will not be injured. It's the same theory.

So, I will have to wait for Lunz flu jab supply and meanwhile crack my head thinking on how to get my jab before my trip. I'm lazy to go hospitals but I guess I have no choice.

By the way, just an update on the little one....

1. He knows how to count from 1 to 100, not missing every number.
2. His room is almost done. Wait till I post the photos.
3. Always nod his head when he sees us shaking our heads, hoping that we will agree with him instead.
4. Knows how to sing, "the more we get together, together, together....the merrier will be" song.
5. Increase appetite that I noticed he has grown fatter and fatter.
6. Understands what "mummy outstation working" means when he sees that I do not pick him up by time.
7. Still loves to read-his passion.

That's about it, I guess. A bit sleepy now...gotta go...ta ta...

No comments: