Monday, July 27, 2009

Daniel's birthday and the BIG project

My younger brother finally turned 21 yesterday. Of course, he organized a home birthday bash and invited all his buddies. Mum's house was very cramped and crowded with people until me and Lunz had to squeeze to find a place to sit. The little one kept telling me, it's birthday party! It's birthday party! Daddy didn't followed us to the party. He stayed at home to continue on our BIG project....

When the house was still not crowded yet....

Lunz and second aunt.

Me and second aunt.

Younger bro and us.

I love the cake. The decoration looks great but the filling was so-so la. Cost RM150.

Cake cutting.

Since the house was very crowded, both me and Lunz had no where to go. So, we lingered in my old room and played with the camera. The little one was erm...a talented photographer. He took a few shots of me and kept on laughing once he captured every shot. Pity mummy, had to pose for him all the while.

My photographer boy not bad huh?

Back to daddy's BIG project. We are in a process of self-renovating the house. Everything is D-I-Y. Currently, we got the ceiling in the living room and dining room painted. We got the air-cond serviced and the leaking roof fixed. Last weekend we worked on Lunz room. We painted the ceiling, changed the ceiling fan and we even painted the wall. I chose lavender color for the wall. It's called Candy Floss. Pearl gloss paint of ICI is so expensive now a days. Both daddy and I made a mistake. We did not diluted the paint with some water. So, in the end, one can of 5 litre paint was not enough for his room. We painted double coats but in the end, due to the lack of paint, the walls at the end of the room only have one coating. I tried to buy from the shops nearby but non of the shops sell ICI paints.

Hence, we have to abandon the project for a while until we get a new can of paint to continue with the second coat. And I have to get it from the same shop where I bought the first can, which was in Taman Lensen. Guess have to wait until weekend. Daddy commented the wall color seems to suit a girl more than a boy. I replied, ok ma, the color makes the boy looks romantic. Hahaha...in fact I was the one who fell in love with the color. And besides it suits the color of the wall lamp. I will take a photo when everything is done later. To show the new room.

When we can't continue with the wall painting, daddy did something else. He varnished the wooden parquet and the door of Lunz's room. So, everything looked brand new now...hahaha...only in his room. Although the varnishes smells terrible but I'm glad daddy took up the job. Thanks daddy! Daddy said, the remaining from the second can will be used to paint the walls in our own room later.

Poor little one had to entertain himself while we worked. He played alone, watched TV alone. So kesian la see him so lonely. There was once we were busy painting his walls when he passed by then we told him, it's your room room. The next thing he did was he went and grabbed his pillow and blanket. He told us, he wants to sleep in his own room. Then, I told him the room is not ready yet. When it's finished you can sleep inside. He happily skipped away. Boy...isn't he cute?

I'll need to decorate the room further, maybe continue with my mural as there are still loads of acrylic paint left. I'll see how because previously the mural was to close up all the old paint on the wall. But now, since we have new coatings of paint, I'm a bit reluctant to spoil the wall. Or maybe I'll continue after all. I will put up curtains, all his toys, a table for bedside lamp and a double bed. I'll get the queen-size bed from mum. Then, I'll have to get extra queen-size bedsheets. I even thought of putting droplets of essential oil to burn, to ease him for a better sleep.

Those come later, when the painting is done. And after all the decorations, the transition of getting him to sleep next door without us will certainly take up some time.

No comments: