Monday, October 26, 2009

Speech Improvement & Weekend's Treats

The little one is getting more and more responsive since he started schooling and maybe he is 4 1/2 years old now. And of course being the mummy sure is happy to see such a progress in him. My boy used to be the quiet type, I mean with someone whom he is unfamiliar with. But, I noticed lately, he is not shy anymore to speak to strangers. And he is more responsive. He can answer my questions. Now, we can even have conversations. The school plays a positive role, I'm sure.

Previously, when I asked him questions like, "You like it?" or "Nice or not?", he doesn't know or doesn't want to answer me, I'm not sure. But surprisingly, although verbally he was not responsive, but he knows what I want and will do exactly as instructed. So, his verbal responses considered to show some improvement now.

And I think he is getting more and more cheeky. He knows how to talk back and correct my English. For example:

Me: After that we go back ok?
Lunz: No....go home.
(Meaning it's go home, not go back)

Daddy: You want to follow mimi or daddy?
Lunz: Mimi (coz he saw I was nicely dress. Knew that I'm about to go somewhere)
Daddy: Mimi go where?
Lunz: Gai gai (go out shopping, it means)
Daddy: Daddy leh?
Lunz: Daddy at home. Play computer.
(I told daddy....see, even your son knows your stuff!)

Lunz: Mimi mimi see...so hot (referring to the hot weather and the sun)

Lunz: Mimi mimi....it's raining (when he sees rain falling from the sky)

Lunz: Mimi mimi....can you find the rainbow? (and he knows there should be a rainbow in the sky after rain, wonder where he got the knowledge from?)

Lunz: Mimi mimi....can you tell the colors of the rainbow?
Me: Red
Lunz: Yes
Me: Orange
Lunz: Yes
Me: Yellow
Lunz: Yes
Me: Green
Lunz: Yes
Me: Blue
Lunz: Yes
Me: Purple
Lunz: NO.....
Me: ?????
Lunz: It's violet!

(There you see, my son correcting my primary school knowledge of the colors of the rainbow)

Anyway, when it comes to studies, I'm not worrying much. I tested his knowledge on the English phonics and his mandarin as well as numbers. He is doing good in all subjects. Rest assured, I took him to shopping yesterday night even I knew that today he is having his exam. After all, he is still a small kid. He should have his childhood. As I said, as long as he knows his stuff, I don't want to pressure him too much. By the way, talking about yesterday's shopping, daddy brought us to IOI Mall and treated us German cuisine for dinner. We had the German pig knuckle and sausage. Of course, the cooking was better when I had those originals in Germany but it wasn't that bad after all. Ermmm....I'm more to appreciate daddy's effort to take us fine dining. Hehehe....daddy tasted the Hoegaarden (wonder is I got the spelling correct) Belgium beer. He told me it wasn't that good compared to the one he had tasted in Singapore. But when asked him which one he tasted, he can't remember.

Other than that, nothing much for the weekend except daddy cooked us a mouth-watering lunch. His cooking was damn good until I can eat no more. So, I saved some in the fridge for dinner tonight. My second aunt brought me and Lunz out for shopping. She bought me a pair of heels while the little one a set of toys. In fact, I told her not to waste money but she insisted, so I accepted. Honestly, I enjoyed shopping with her. Didn't know she can really shop and has good taste when it comes to fashion. She didn't show that much though in her daily dressing. But, when it comes to buying, she really bought good stuffs. She told me, when it comes to her age should spend on herself which I totally agreed to.

Then she invited me to go again next Sunday for another shopping spree. Haha!

No comments: