Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Yesterday was Christmas. It has been 3 weeks since I had abandoned this blog. Hahaha...super busy with work. I just got back from a 3 days trip to Johor. I had to spend the Chinese Winter Festival in Johor. How pity....sigh....but I was really really glad that daddy took up the initiative to pick up Lunz from my mum's house on that day. He even cooked him some 'tong yuen' when they reached home. Heard from daddy, both sat down and enjoyed the 'tong yuen'. *SIGH* Wish I was there. Grandma passed away this year, so, according to mum, they are not supposed to make 'tong yuen'. So, I was really really glad again for daddy to make the effort to cook 'tong yuen' for the little one. It felt homely. He even spared some, intending to cook for me when I returned. Thanks daddy, the family man!

Daddy's older sister's whole family came over for steamboat on Christmas. Well, we kinda enjoyed ourselves very much. We chatted throughout dinner and daddy's bro-in-law is really a nice person to talk with. We ate until we can't stuffed in anymore. The kids enjoyed as well because they had a lot of pressies to open! Daddy's sister brought a present for both me and Lunz. That's really nice of her to get me something. Because, normally we just buy for the kids, not the adults. I guessed it's because she saw me keep on getting cute little dresses for her baby girl. Hahaha....we have much in common to talk now a days. And all this really comes from own initiative. Like you treat people good, they will realize and treat you back equally.

Anyway, I got a necklace from Ka Jeh. I wanted to follow daddy and call her Ka Jeh most of the time because myself practically don't have an older sister (and I would love to have one and feel the closeness by calling sister rather than name) but dunno people will think I'm weird or not. So, it's better to her by her name until it's confirmed! Lunz got a barbecue Play-Doh set from her. From us, he received a t-shirt, Mr. Bean animated VCD, a battery operated toy and some food. I gave a mini fan with USB plugged-in for daddy. He can have wind blowing at his face at the computer desk rather than the blow-only-the-leg-fan he had under the table. At least something la for Christmas. If my bonus is thick, both he and lunz will get a huge present in January. Our anniversary ma!

It's coming to year end soon. Time really flies. I remembered, all of us were in Mines at the same day and time (on Christmas) last year. And can you believe it? It felt like as if it was yesterday when in fact a year had already passed. This makes me realized that I have to treasure everything present more and more.

Some of my major encounters for this year:

1. Lunz started school.
2. Mum had a major operation.
3. I moved in to stay with daddy.
4. I got my divorce certificate finally.
5. Visited Germany.
6. Best friend's wedding.
7. Crazy sister gone to Makati.
8. Beloved grandma passed away.
9. Daddy brought us to Singapore.
10. I had a MYVI!

Hahaha...those are the ones that I can remember now. Of course, they were so many others. Like I really really appreciate my relationship with daddy. Sometimes I don't know how to spell it out but I felt it in my heart. I don't know how to tell him I really appreciate his presence in both me and Lunz's life. And I believed he is there for a reason. Those happy smiles on my face when simple things happened such as a before bedtime Lunz back riding his daddy. Both of them playing.... I'm grateful for all these and I knew it deep down in my heart. Of course, sometimes we do fight over silly things (sometimes it's so bad that I wanted to strangle him) but that's no barrier to the love I have for him or the love we have for one another.

I appreciate very much family ties now a days. I will try to make an effort to be there for my parents. When dad send me to work (sometimes I don't drive when I had to travel), I would stand and watch until he left on his bike. Until I can't see any sign of him. If compared to the old teenager me, honestly, I was ashamed if people see my dad sent me to school on a bike. That was the teenager me. You don't know how grateful I am now when my dad send me to work on his bike. He would wake up early just to send me. And I am glad he is there for me. Parents. They are the greatest people on earth.

I started to feel sorry for my older brother. I think he is having some financial difficulties at the moment and for years to come. He is following the footsteps of my father, as what my mum said. Sigh....what to do? Humans are like this, work and work for a living and for own generation. I am glad at least I don't have to worry all this as daddy's financial capabilities is quite stable. So, I'm lucky in many ways. :)

Lastly, Happy New Year to everyone and not to mention my dearie in Makati!

5 comments:

yennyhfy @ samsara said...

I just told Santa to grant great abundance of happiness, pinky health and blessed life....To my crazy sis Sherine and other crazy people whom she loves and loves her in return!...

And the best part is --- Santa agreed!

Lunz Lunz said...

Hahaha....thanks thanks. Did Santa agree because this naughty little chick was holding on to his Rudolf? :P

Lunz Lunz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yennyhfy @ samsara said...

yeah...Rudolph is gone case by now..Next year's Xmas, u'll get a sexy big-boobs helper on Santa's lap!

Lunz Lunz said...

Ooo....no wonder Santa fast fast agree and willing to trade his Rudolf! Hahaha....