Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Daddy celebrated his 30th birthday 2 days ago. As a birthday surprise, I intentionally took half day off to find him at his company in Cyberjaya for lunch. I decided on that at work a day before and luckily my boss granted me the leave. I was so excited about the plan that I really feared I can't keep the secret from him. But I managed anyway to keep my mouth shut. Hahaha...

I woke up very early that morning to boil eggs. Guessed what I made? Red eggs!! Daddy was touched to see those eggs, I was sure. But he was kinda expressionless sometimes. Haha...but I knew he was happy. Back to the story. Then I brought the eggs together with soy sauce and pepper to work. My colleagues all really fook chor ngor. Gum yau sum gei. Brought pepper and soy sauce some more.

Then I went earlier from office because it was meant to be a surprise. I don't wanna travel all the way there and found out that he already had lunch. Just because he didn't know that I'm coming. Fearing that there was nothing much to eat in Cyberjaya, I packed char kuey teow and drinks on the way and off I went!

His company was very far from my office. I was practically driving for 80-100 km/hour for 45 minutes before I managed to locate Dell. I managed to convince the guard to let me in to the compound of the main entrance. Then I picked up my phone to dial that familiar number...

Me: Where are you? Are you having lunch? (Afraid that I was late and he was already half way eating)
Him: Just out of the toilet. Why?
Me: No la...I'm on my way to a meeting in KL. Just wanna get some directions from you because I don't know how to get to that place.
Him: OK. Try to tell me then.
Me: Well, I don't know actually where I am but I can see a building. The building has a word D-E-L-L on it. What does it means huh?
Him: Say properly. Are you serious? Are you really here?
Me: Yes, I am! At the main entrance.
Him: I'll be right down.

I guessed he was extremely happy to see me, plus when I showed him the red eggs, he couldn't be happier. I couldn't find anywhere that we can have our lunch, so I decided to park my car under a tree and we had lunch inside the car. It was fun! But daddy was so full after the lunch that he can't eat the red eggs. But he promised to eat at home later.

If I knew that there were actually a lot of cafes and restaurants there, I would not have pack our lunch. Because at least with a proper place to sit and eat, we could lingered longer. Daddy told me he felt so lonely after I have left.

I bought a mango cake from Secret Recipe at Mines on my way back. Mum and the rest are coming over at night to celebrate. Then I had a short nap and read a few pages of the Twilight Saga: The Breaking Dawn before daddy came back.

For dinner, we had KFC and mum dropped by about 8pm. They brought food along and stayed until almost 10pm.

Daddy daddy....all of us love you so much that you gotta be strong, be positive and be optimistic for us. Happy Birthday again!

Hope all your wish comes true :)

2 comments:

yennyhfy @ samsara said...

gawd...sweet~~it's been so long I haven't got a chance to do such sweet and loving thing to a guy. Sis, don't u think it's really so bonding to know u have someone waiting for you to pamper now n then...? u know what i mean.....

p/s: selamat hari jadi, KS

Lunz Lunz said...

Well, I can't be anymore happier since I'm with him. He is such a loving father and hubby, although at times a bit expressionless, but I guessed all men are like that anyway. No one is perfect.

Yes, I appreciate this relationship and I hope you will find yours too. It sounds complicated but at least be positive and hope for the best, right?

Love ya.