Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Sui Poh - Agnes Wong

Last night I asked daddy a question, why does close friends have to part when it comes to a certain stage in life? And after separating, we must also accept the fact that right there and then we will not be as close anymore in the future. I have a lot of close and good friends as I walked my life, from secondary to university, to my previous work in Astro and my current MTC. All stages of life. These good friends just come and go. We never really do keep in touch after that. Like my Astro sisters, we aren't so close anymore once I left Astro. Everybody is busy with life, me including. It just happens. But at least they left good memories, footprints in my life. That's why I'm always glad to have that more than 10 years crazy sister with me. Yes, you know I'm talking about you here. At least what we shared is from the bottom of our hearts and we truly understands each other.

Talking about separation, I'm already starting to miss a 3 years close colleague of mine. She just left MTC yesterday. The last few minutes before we part, I gave her a big hug and I noticed she was fighting back her tears when she looked at me. I noticed too that tears began to blur my vision. I dare not look at her anymore. I quickly left before my tears began to pour.

I wonder how will our friendship progress in the future? Is it so hard to stay in touch except for Facebook? Anyway, she left incredible memories for me here. Life goes on. For at least we are not parting because of death and there will be chances to see each other again.

It felt weird without her presence here, like there is a lack of something. I immediately felt it already although she just left yesterday. Nobody will Gtalk with me at work, nobody will buy fruits together with me during lunchtime, nobody will eat ice-cream with me when we feel like eating it, nobody will accompany me for adventurous lunch until 3pm and I'll miss that voice calling me sui poh all the time or scolding her husband over the phone so loudly that I can hear from my cubicle. Haha....anyway, I'll get used to it, I guessed. It's just a way of life.

But I will certainly miss having her around....

Wishing her all the best in all her future undertakings!

1 comment:

yennyhfy @ samsara said...

who...who...who...?!?!?? lolx

aiya, if you miss her calling you sui-poh, then record her voice (calling you sui-poh obviously) and make it an alarm tone la! sure syok man....! kakakaka

okies, gal. this is really part of life. it's ok people come and go, as long you know you have cherished every moment lies beneath it!

muaks