Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Attended Nick's Birthday Party Last Sunday

Alright! As promised, both daddy and I took him to Nick's birthday party last Sunday. He was really excited at first but when he saw the massive crowd at the party, he began to be quite reluctant to move around. I don't know which group of children were his classmates, but anyway, he stuck to us like a leech. So, I guess maybe he was the only one from school? I didn't heard him mentioned any of his classmate's names as well during our time there. Anyway, we sat at a corner and I was the only one who took some food to eat because daddy was looking after him. The lil' one was so reluctant to move, least followed me to get food. The only part he actually interacted with the birthday boy (Nick) was when I asked him to pass the present over. He handed it to Nick and said 'happy birthday' but that Nick just grabbed the present and turned away from him. He didn't even said thank you to Sebastian.

Errmmmm....seems to me very rude and no manners lor. But I just don't care because he is just a small boy after all. Just that I think parents should educate their children to be more polite and well-mannered in all situations. They should cultured the child's personalities from young. Not that I'm saying my son is very well-mannered but at least I did my responsibility like when Sebastian handed over the present, I asked him to wish 'happy birthday' to Nick, you know, as an example. Maybe Nick's mum was too busy with the guests. Anyway, she was a nice lady for she greeted us warmly.

As I said, he stuck to us like a leech and things got worst when one of the balloons burst. He got so scared that he asked us to leave immediately and tears started to come as well, bla bla bla. Daddy hugged him and tried to explain to him. He started to feel calm later but still insisted to go home. He put his fingers in his ears most of the time, even when I asked him to eat, he quickly stuffed all the food inside his mouth, so that he can put his fingers back to where they belonged....his ears. Boy....his mouth was so full...

In the end, we decided to make a move home. It was not a very pleasant experience for him but at least we make him stayed awhile before taking him home. Must at least let him get used to situations like this and not because of teeny weeny thing quickly take him home. That...is over-protective. Well, being a soft-hearted mummy, of course when he cried, I asked to go home immediately but it was daddy who told me to stay put and let him experienced the scenario a bit. Part of growing up wor.

I told him to say goodbye to Nick who was playing with other children in a room. The kids were playing some games together. He was willing to go with me and managed to wave his hands and said goodbye. Of course, Nick didn't see him because we were standing at the doorway and the kids, they were too busy playing. When I walked forward with Sebastian holding my hands, trying to approach Nick, one of the lady who conducted the games sessions told the children, "I'm going to make this balloon burst", while holding up a balloon in her hand.

WAAAAA..........when my boy heard that sentence, he quickly pulled my hand and run...run mummy run, he said, faster faster!! So funny lar...hehe.....as if we were running away from some gigantic monster.

When we have left, he was all bubbly cheerful again in the car, talking alot and he also got a party pack in return. But, when I asked him, you wanna go Nick's party again? He said NO! I think daddy plans to have a birthday party for him next year so that he can invite his classmates along. Plus, it's his final year in the kindi. Haha...and daddy said, BALLOONS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED!

We will be heading to Ipoh this Friday and I can't wait. Holiday time! For daddy, it's $$$$ time hor. He need to fork out for the wedding dinner neh. Anyway, after Ipoh, I'll be looking forward to my 2 weeks of rest before the new job. Daddy has just booked a 3 days 2 nights vacation to Bukit Gambang Resort, Kuantan in early December during my rest period. Very new resort, I think, just opened in 2009. There got water park (like Sunway type) where we can play all day long. Apart from that, we can spend time in town, the hotel pool, the petting farm and others in one of the days. According to daddy, this resort has quite good reviews from the net. Still new gua.

More photos will be coming up later after Bukit Gambang Resort!

2 comments:

yennyhfy @ samsara said...

yea... agree with KS. Can try slowly and expose Lunz to more of this kind of outing. Part of growing up. But slowly la I mean...don't force when he's not comfy lo~

Lunz bday party??? I join! I join! I want jelly as party treat :p

Lunz Lunz said...

Ya lar....I mean when it comes to certain parenting skills, I just let him, he has better judgment than I do. Mummies tend to be soft-hearted! :P

Can!! Whatever you want to eat, I'll prepare, just don't bring BALLOONS k!
Hehehe.....