Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Over the Past Week

It has been some time since I updated my blog. Besides pretty bz bz bz at work, a lot of things happened around me as well. Let me go into details one by one:

1) We can finally have the house to ourselves!
Yahhooooo! Both daddy and I can finally have the house to ourselves. I wouldn't elaborate the grandmother story behind but the good thing is we finally have our good old home back to ourselves. So, both of us spent one week scrubbing and cleaning the whole house, from the kitchen right up to the front porch. It took me 3 nights just to clean up the kitchen and replenished it with a new set of cookery pots and wok. And of course, being the master of the kitchen, I did decorated it with other accessories as well such as setting up a new water filter, putting up new hand towels and etc. Daddy helped much in the cleaning process, i.e., scrubbing the tiles and washing the toilets. Both of us were drop dead tired during the past week but we were happy because the house is so homely and clean now. Lunz was extremely well behaved while we did the chores. He played by himself most of the time. Daddy even had a private PC room all to himself. And we had a new fridge too! We even threw a steamboat dinner with my side of family members. Enough for this part, let me move on to the next one.

2) Lunz passport was finally done but he had severe asthma attack on the same day.
We finally got his passport done for our Singapore trip in May but due to the long hours waiting in the stupid immigration, I think he was too tired and easily prone to asthma attack. Another thing I wanted to complain was the poor service in the immigration. There were 8 counters but just only 1 counter that was operating. We reached there at 7.30 am and by 3pm only we managed to collect his passport. On the same night, Lunz has been getting several continuous asthma attack. Even his inhaler was not working effectively. The inhaler only managed to soothe him for 2-3 hours and the attack was back again. I need to depends on giving him the cough medicine to make him feel better. Even in the middle of 3am, I wanted to bring him to the clinic already but he resisted, and managed to resume his sleep. The next day, daddy brought him to the paed. and immediately he had to take the neubolizer dose. We even went back for a second dose later in the evening. Then, the paed. gave us some medication in which Lunz recovered back slowly. But still, I need to monitor him closely and daddy even did some research online about the asthma trigger factors. I even gave him Chinese medication and crocodile meat soup as another alternative. Hopefully, those work.

3) My case was finally settle.
My divorce case has finally came to a settlement. I attended the final court session on Monday and the judge has finalized the whole matter. In 3 months time, the court will issue some sort of an official document to declare my status. I also took the opportunity to consult some legal advice from my lawyer on Lunz legal guardian issue. I wanted to appoint a legal guardian for Lunz, you know, just in case anything happen to me, the legal guardian will carry out my role. Or at least make some important decisions about his future. Rather than handing him back to his father which I know will not carry out his responsibility properly, I did rather appoint a legal guardian. The process is simple, according to my lawyer. It will just take 3 months time for the whole paper documentation process and I just need to nominate the right persons and submit their ICs. But the legal fees is costly, about RM 1.5k for the whole process. But eventually, I will do it. It's just like buying an insurance, just in case anything bad happened to me.

4) Interview with Steelcase.
I went for an interview yesterday and apparently it went smoothly. I was able to impress the interviewers. Hopefully I will hear good news from then. Just for this interview, I studied and read a lot about current environmental issues. It was like studying for exams. Hahaha! But, I must say, it's worth my effort. Let's not put too high hopes because there are still other candidates. :P

5) Mum had to undergo an operation!
Mum was diagnosed this morning in the emergency ward to have this growing fibroid or cyst in her uterus that blocks her bladder making it difficult for her to urinate. According to doctor, she needs an operation to remove the fibroid. We will seek a suitable hospital for the operation and all of us are ready to take care back our own children while she has to take the time to heal after the operation. Right now, we just gotta choose the correct doctor and hospital for admittance.

Too many things happened in such a short time! Well, need to rush back home now...will update the blog soon.

No comments: