Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Whole Family Were Sick!

Lunz was complaining the whole night even while sleeping. The little one slept early and daddy and I had time to ourselves for some AOD show. But, Lunz did not slept soundly, he kept on waking up and twist and turn, making a lot of noise. We thought that he was having some nightmare but then before we realized what was happening, he threw up. Acting fast, I took him to the toilet and cleaned him up while daddy changed the bed sheet. After he had vomited, he was finally able to sleep soundly. But by midnight, I realized he had fever. Both his feet soles and palms were hot. I checked the time and it was only 1.45am. How can he tolerate until morning? I couldn't possibly be taking the risk. I had no choice but to drive all the way back to my mum's house to get the fever medicine. Daddy volunteered to go instead but I insisted to go myself because he wouldn't know where on earth I put the medicine in mum's house.

Lesson learnt-ALWAYS put FEVER medicine in daddy's house. (This is the thing I always forgot but since that night, I put one extra bottle in daddy's house already).

The next day, I did not let Lunz attend school. By the time I reach home after work, the little fella had diarrhea. And the worst thing was, he dared not even pee. Because when he tried to pee, the watery stool came out as well. So, he was scared. I took him to the toilet most of the time and persuaded him to pee by telling him that mummy will washed his buttocks for him. Poor little boy.

Without further delays, I brought him to the paed. Viral infection as predicted. The paed told us that it was infectious and even adults were exposed to the infection. He asked us to be careful and stays hygienic. By the time Lunz recovered, the next victim was me. I thought I was having gastric but little did I know, the virus was darn fast. I was almost half dead by the next morning and I had an interview to attend. Luckily, I managed to gather all my strength and responded quite well during the interview. By the time it was finished, I had drained out all my energy. I was a dead zombie the next thing. I laid on bed all day, all night with no appetite to eat at all. Daddy did the house chores and babysitted Lunz while I laid on the bed motionlessly. The virus was really vicious. It made you have no appetite for food, you can't vomit and passed motion. The pain just got stuck inside your stomach, growling and made you screamed for help.

My family members teased me and mentioned could that be so serious?? Daddy was the most cocky one telling everybody that where will be so easy being infected lar. The next thing was....everybody in the household kena!

Mum and bro had this stomach pain feeling but considered well compared to meimei and sis-in-law. Both of them threw up continuously and had diarrhea. Dad was the least affected of all, only having to visit the toilet once. Daddy was the king of them all. Being the cocky one initially, he landed on the bed the whole day and night. Hah! He was so unwilling to be touched and moved that he did not even took his bath for that day!

Sigh....now you know how poisonous and infectious the virus was. (To daddy...hehehe).

No comments: