Thursday, September 24, 2009

Raya Holiday Activities

We just enjoyed a long weekend of Raya holidays. We tried to occupy ourselves with loads of activities for the 4 days. On the first day which falls on Saturday, daddy took us to the Desa Waterpark. I liked the park on that day because I can't spot any Malays roaming around. Nope. Not even one. They were still in the 'puasa' period so no extreme outings. Hehehe....most of the people were Chinese. It was good because it was not crowded, it was not sunny and we had a good time playing with the water and slides. Lunz doesn't want to leave even though it was already 2pm. We were in the water for 3 hours. He told us that he still wanted to swim. But, we finally managed to persuade him to get out of the water and headed back home. I cooked dinner that night and did not eat out because all of us were tired after playing with water for the whole day.

On the second day (Sunday), we made a trip down to Berjaya Times Square. Thought of taking the little fella for the Cosmo Indoor Theme Park rides. But the little fella was so scared of the roller coaster sound that he kept on pestering us to leave at once, with both his hands covering his ears. My, my....then, since we did not entered Cosmo, daddy told the little one that he will get him toys instead. But, we searched floor after floor, we could not get a proper toy shop like Toys' R Us. Not a very good place to shop thou. So, we made our way to Mid Valley instead. We were lucky enough to get a parking even though it was already 1pm. But the place was very crowded. People were constantly bumping into each other when walking. I wanted to faint already with the mass amount of people. We quickly moved on to Toys' R Us and managed to grabbed 2 sand arts and 2 books for Lunz. Then, the little one insisted to go into Jusco play area, so we went as well. Gosh, then after all the time taken to queue up for each game, I have to wait for the corn to be cooked as well. It was like a routine. If he visit the play area in Jusco Mid Valley, he wants to eat the corn-in-cup at a food counter nearby. But the thing was, the corn was not cooked yet at that time and I was told to wait for 10 minutes by the staff.

So, me and the 'wai sik mao' waited there patiently until finally he has gotten his favorite, we can all leave the place peacefully. That's all we did in Mid Valley. Toys' R Us and Jusco Play Area. We just wanted to get out as soon as possible. The crowd were making me dizzzzy....

Daddy played the sand art with Lunz later at home while I did some house chores. Later, we went off for dinner at my mum's house. My big bro was celebrating his 30th birthday. Had some noodles, KFC and the best chocolate cake I ever tasted. I was surprised I actually swallowed up the whole slice. Normally, I will scooped the cream away or whatever that I don't feel like eating on that piece of cake. Very nice chocolate cake, not sweet at all. And they just got it from some normal bakery shop. Not like Secret Recipe I mean.

On Monday morning, we went out for awhile to the nearby Jusco Cheras Selatan. We wanted to buy some ingredients for our steamboat dinner but unfortunately found out that Jusco will only be opened by 1pm. So, we made our way back and planned to get them from a shop nearby mum's house. Again we were disappointed to find out that the shop was closed as well. Looks like even shop owners were enjoying the Raya holidays themselves. Normally Chinese operated shops will open during festive holidays other than CNY. So, I had to cook again that night.

On Tuesday, daddy took us to the newly extended IOI Mall in Puchong. We were there less than 1/2 hour, we had to make our way home. This was because Lunz had an asthma attack. Barely 10 minutes on the play area, he had difficulty in breathing and kept on coughing. We had to rush out to the Guardian pharmacy, got a Ventolin inhaler, found a staircase where all of us can sit (because I can't spot any benches or chairs) and I sprayed the inhaler while daddy covered both of his hands around Lun'z mouth to prevent the medication from evaporating into the air. The hands act like a spacer device. That's how it works because every night back at home, we will use the spacer device for the little one to inhale the medication as he doesn't know how to breath in the medication from the inhaler using his mouth yet.

But that day, I didn't bring any of those out. So lesson learnt again, remember to bring all his 'properties' when we go out.

After inhaling the medication, he felt much much better. The coughs had lessen as well. Phew....asthma attack can be pretty dangerous. Scared the hell out of me.

Seeing that Lunz was back to normal, we dropped by Jusco Cheras Selatan on our way back to get the steamboat ingredients for dinner at night. I invited mum and bro over as well. So, we had a nice steamboat dinner together. I enjoyed such moments even I had to wash and mop the floor later. Feels so good to be surrounded by family members. Since my grandma's death, I appreciate my parents even more, not to say I don't appreciate them earlier, but even more compared to previous. I felt that life is short and we must cherished moments spent with them.

A little bit of update on Lunz:

1. Gone fatter. Must control his weight if not will change to be 'Fei Chai'. Just control his food intake, I mean. Lesser 100 plus and sweet stuffs.
2. Sleep by himself now in his own room. Guess me and him already used to it. He will sleep after story reading and we will leave the room. Sometimes, I accompany him till he fell asleep, then I will leave. Sometimes, he will go into our room middle of the night and look for us, then I'll usher him back to his own room and sleep together with him. On other times, he will sleep until morning if he did not wake up middle of the night. Or sometimes if daddy's snoring is too loud, I'll pack my bolster and pillow to the little one's room. Hehehehe.... but so far, all this sleeping by himself is doing good.
3. Likes to watch Pingu. He can replay the VCD for one whole day.
4. Does not likes to eat vege. I'll force him to take sometimes.
5. Still doesn't interact with friends at school but can follow well the studies.
6. Still doesn't know how to form and speak long sentences. I mean the whole sentence.
7. Always refused to sleep at night no matter how tired.
8. Is still taking Seretide (Prevention inhaler) and Loraldine (Antihistamine) daily.
9. Very very, extremely attached to daddy.
10. Likes to eat very much.
11. Know how to show his 'peace' sign using his fingers when take photographs. Thanks to daddy! :P
12. Getting better at recognizing words because we have bedtime stories every night before sleep. Sometimes can read the whole book by himself.
13. Behave extremely well when I take him out for dinner.
14. Knows how to differentiate between boys and girls and colors to represent them. Like boy is blue and pink is girl.
15. Good at taking photographs using camera.

No comments: