Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Visit to Germany

I just got back from Germany today. Pretty tiring trip as most of the time I was traveling on both land and air. Can't really sleep on plane though. And with the time difference, it was as though I'm surviving up to 5am every morning (in Malaysia time, time in Germany is 10pm) and I always woke up early. My boss told me that I must controlled my body, don't let my mind pulled me back. It was not that easy anyway, this so called jet lag. Although the traveling on the plane sucks, but the scenery that I saw was worth the trip.

The Departure Day
Pretty nervous as I haven't been traveling overseas for quite some time and the thought of leaving my boys at home really kills me. Believe it or not, I actually took up some house chores to shift my mind away from the fact that I had to leave that night without ever bothering whether I will tired myself out later. So, I was pretty exhausted when I got on to the plane. Anyway, both daddy and Lunz accompanied me until I left. I had this kind of mixed feelings always when I had to travel. This time the feeling was much much heavier. Daddy told me he felt the same way as well although this was not the first time I traveled but we felt so different. Maybe we are used to living under the same roof now that we felt upset when the other party is not around.

The anxiety was killing me while I waited for the taxi to arrive. I was practically looking out at the door every few seconds. I had been brain-washing the little one 2 days ago that I'll be leaving for work. I even showed him my suitcases and told him that mummy will be outstation working. He understands of course and it really hurts me when he hugged me immediately on the spot and told me, no....mimi come back. I just had to tell him that mimi will come back after working okay...

While waiting for the cab, we played words and sentences guessing game with the little one. Once the cab arrived, I told him, I had to leave and kiss him goodbye on his cheek. He never looked at me. He was pretty good at hiding his feelings. Once I had left, he asked daddy where was I as if trying to be certain that I had really left. Daddy told him, of course. According to daddy, the little one was very quiet after I left, unlike earlier when we were playing games, he was all laughing and happy. Later, he took his blanket from the sofa while daddy was in the loo and climbed up to bed himself. Looks like he can sense my absence.

6 September - Day 1
Traveling for 12 hours on plane was not easy, not to mention an addition of 10 hours transit in Amsterdam before I can catch my flight to Cologne. It was crazy. I was deeply exhausted. We took the train to Amsterdam Central and walked and walked and walked while waiting for our next transit plane at 5pm. The train was very convenient as it takes you straight from the airport to the center of the town. I remembered the previous time when I took the shuttle, we had much more to walk before we reached town.

Nothing much in Amsterdam as I was here before. But this time, with the help of my boss, we managed to trace the RED LIGHT DISTRICT. Saw a couple of women with just their underwear on displaying themselves at the window but, they weren't the pretty ones. Boss told me, it was still early, the pretty ones only comes out at night. Bought myself some souvenirs and headed back to airport later to catch our flight.

Back at KL, daddy told me, Lunz has not accepted the fact that I had already left. He asked for me when he woke up in the next morning. He asked for me again when he saw my car and thought that I had came home from work. He told daddy that it was mimi when he heard the aunty from the house behind us shouted out loud. Poor boy. My heart ached badly. That's the thing when you had commitment and you had to travel for work. Glad that mum, daddy and family are there to support and assured me that Lunz will be well taken care of.



The Red Light District. Nothing much to see as we were early.

We arrived Cologne and managed to check into our rooms at 7pm. Since it was Sunday, every shops in the town were closed. Very good hotel as the shopping streets were just behind the hotel. Walking distance. I was so tired that I didn't joined dinner. Took my bath and went straight to bed.

7 September - Day 2
We visited Kolnmesse, the fairground. We walked all the way there as they wanted to enjoy the scenery.

My hotel. Walking distance to shops, the cathedral, restaurants and pubs.

I managed to take photos of the DOM while we walked. A signature cathedral landmark in Cologne. The DOM is almighty huge! And the building changes colors from fading gray to shiny golden with different angles of sunlight upon it. A very beautiful cathedral!


Lots and lots of padlocks. All locked up on the fence along the bridge. For each padlock, the couple names were craved on it. A tradition for marriage. Locked up the padlock on the fence on the wedding day and threw the keys into the river. Symbolizing an eternal love all locked up. Interesting huh?


Beautiful view on the bridge.

Dinner. Tasted the delicious pig knuckle, famous German sausage and last but not least, the beer. Couldn't find any beer like that in KL.

8 September - Day 3
We went for a factory visit, DIY store and showroom and finally reached our hotel in Fulda in the evening at 6pm. Fulda town was amazingly beautiful. Too bad we reached there late and we had to leave very early the following morning. But, I still managed to take some photos in the town after my breakfast.


Lovely Fulda, Germany.


Very beautiful town.

9 September - Day 4
We headed off for factory visit in the morning and got to Nuremberg in the evening. I didn't take any photos in Nuremberg because it was nothing special. Very much developed and the city was far away from the hotel. The scene was just so-so. I had been traveling a lot these few days and was very tired. I didn't joined dinner thou. Had a good bath and nice sleep.

Back in KL, daddy messaged me and told me that he bought himself and the little one ice-cream.
Lun: One for Sebastian, one for daddy (referring to ice-creams)
Daddy: Mimi leh?
Lun: Mimi outstation working. (seems like he has accepted the fact I really went overseas working)

Daddy had been looking after him most of the nights. He told me the little one was very obedient. Followed every instructions. Funny, he didn't behave like that when I am around. Kids, they tend to bully their mothers. I'm just glad to have daddy around to accompany Lunz.

10 September - Day 5
Again, final destination of factory visit in Leutershausen. The owner of the company was very generous into buying us lunch. We went for lunch in a small but beautiful town. Such small town but yet lovely.

Lunch with the group.

Small but yet beautiful town.


Lovely house with beautiful flowers.

We went through 5 hours on the road later to reach Cologne. It was 7pm when we finally checked into the same hotel that we stayed earlier. All the time wasted on the road was crazy. It was as if I traveled the whole peninsular Malaysia by car. My neck was aching madly.

I dropped all my luggage once I was in the room and did my last minute shopping because the stores will be closed by 8pm sharp. Managed to buy some sausages and chocolates. We had our dinner in some Shanghai Restaurant and headed back to the hotel because we had an early flight to catch the next morning.

11 September - Day 6
Here I am, stuck in the plane again for 12 hours. I hate the flights. Makes me lacked of sleep because I'm a person who can hardly fall asleep easily especially in a plane. But the scenery were amazing minus the tiring traveling. Landed on 12 September morning. Bought 2 packs for ciggy for dad and daddy. Funny...dad and daddy. Hehehe....

I was drop dead exhausted but was very glad to be back home again. I slept like a dead pig when I reached home. I slept the whole afternoon. Later, I went out for dinner with daddy. Good to taste Malaysian food. Gosh! I miss the food here.

I had to quarantine myself from the little one at the mean time (just travel abroad, fear of getting the H1N1 flu). Although I misses him badly but I must be patience. Better be careful than take the risk since the fella is in high risk group.

I have a lot of personal quality time of my own but both daddy and I are constantly missing the little fella. Today is Sunday. I woke up at 12 noon, had lunch (or breakfast?), did some house chores, yoga, put on mask and now finishing my blog.

Gosh....I miss him badly. Hope to see him soon and have him in my arms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So interesting to travel around the world...something I've wanted to do since young....your company's hiring? I want to send my resume in (and become your traveling partner)...OK...?

yenNy

Lunz Lunz said...

In fact, my division is really hiring. Let me ask and let you know.