Monday, November 16, 2009

Concert 2009

Last Saturday was Lunz's concert. All of his supporters (me, daddy, mum, 2 kaofoos, 2 kaomous, koko and mei mei) went to see him performed. We have to bring him to the hall earlier as requested by his teacher. So, we reached there at 2pm while the others came by 3.30pm. The concert started only at 4pm.

Upon reaching the hall, the little one did not joined in with the other kids. Some of the kids were already dressed up while some other were playing around. The teachers were seen busy preparing the kids for the show. I noticed that an event management company was hired to handle the PA systems and to decorate the background. The little one stuck to us like a leech. Earlier on, when I told him at home that we will be going to his concert and will be watching him sing and dance, he was still OK. He was willing to change into his sportswear and wore his shoes. I even told him that koko and meimei will be there to watch him sing and dance too.

However, upon seeing the crowd, he got scared. Worst still, when a balloon burst, he burst too! He was crying and kept on saying that he wanted to leave. Maybe I was around, so daddy shooed me away while he settled him down. So, I waited at the main entrance of the hall and minutes later I saw daddy coming out from the hall. He told me that the class teacher took the little one away from him. Reason was simple. Because if Lunz kept on crying, he will distract other kids to cry as well. You know, when one cry, the rest follows. So, daddy just walked off and left him on to the hands of his teacher. I asked daddy whether he was heartbroken to see his son whining like that and he had to walk off. I was told that I was silly to think like that. I should let him growed up and let him enjoyed his concert. It's part and parcel of the learning process. You don't stumbled on anything, you don't learn. The idea was not to be over-protective.

So, since it was still early, we left the hall and daddy had a quick haircut. By the time we returned to the hall, finger food were already served. I quickly grabbed myself a curry puff and a packet drink, found ourselves a place to sit while waiting for the rest to turn up. By 4pm, the show started. On and off I saw the little one peeping outside from the changing room. He was fully changed into his Hawaiian outfit. His hair was styled up and the teacher applied blusher on his face. The show started with welcoming remarks from 3 outstanding 6 years old students with each of them presenting the speech in different languages. Then, it proceeded to the Lagu Negaraku session with one kid holding the flag while the rest stood up.

Next, was the award ceremony and the performance started after that. The little one has 2 session of performance. One was a dance called "Honey Honey" where I spotted him dancing without his partner. Everyone has a partner except for him. Maybe his partner did not showed up or anything. I'm not sure. I have to ask the teacher when I have the chance. It's a pity to see him dancing alone when every other boys has their partner. He has to do all the steps on his own including a part where the partner was supposed to hold the balloon but he had to balance the balloon at the side of his neck simply because he has no partner to hold it. :(

But, the overall idea was just to let him enjoyed himself. And I think he did, even though there was a little bit of crying in the beginning.

The concert hall.

The supporters.

Holding the balloon by himself which I think he liked it.

The other one was a Chinese song. Half way through his performance, he saw me. Then he wiped his eyes with his hands like wanted to cry. But after a moment, he was back to normal. I was proud of him because at least he did try not to cry out. He held it back and continued with his performance. He was such a brave boy.

At the end of the concert were group singing. The principle asked the parents below the stage to join in the singing and dancing just like what the kids were doing. A sign of encouragement to the children. Well, I did. I was dancing (of course, not like a mad woman la) along with the motions together with the children. I knew my son saw me and that's the point of me dancing along, to show him I cared. To show him my encouragement. And it works! Because I saw that the little one danced much better than earlier, he was happier and showed more movement.






The concert ended at around 6pm. I hugged and praised him when he came out from the changing room together with his belongings. He got a story book and a piece of hardcovered class photo from his teacher. After that, all of us headed for dinner. :)

Took this from my camera. Looks a bit dark. From left, school principal, Lunz, dunno-what-name-boy and class teacher, Lydia

No comments: