Friday, May 14, 2010

Wedding Plannings

We have just got a date for our ROM. It's 4th of June! As I was told to name the date immediately on the spot by the marriage registry officer, I just couldn't decide which date to choose out of panic. I thought I can only choose based on the dates they are supposed to give us. Apparently, we are free to choose any date now as long as it is 21 days onwards from our application. 21 days are a notice period given to "announce" the application of a marriage publicly. This is also a period where the public can object to the marriage but provided with a strong and solid reason. I guess the system has changed already. It is more flexi now and less documents are needed. All we need to produce are the form and IC. No photostated documents are required. It was really very convenient and efficient now. The whole application process takes less than 10 minutes.

Since the officer told us that the earliest available date is 4th June, which is a Friday, we decided immediately on that one. It will be more convenient for our friends and family as it is a Friday. And at the same time I couldn't decide which date I want or have in mind. Later, only I realized I should have gotten the same date as Lunz's birthday. His birthday is on the 17th June. It would be nice to make his birthday more meaningful and on the other hand, that lazy daddy said it will be good as he don't have to remember another date wor.

But to me, although I regretted a bit that I didn't chose 17th June to make it more memorable, I'm glad to have it on 4th June as well. This is because 5th June is a Public Holiday and daddy get his replacement leave on the following Monday. He was only given 2 days of marriage leave by his company where else I got 3 days. Kekeke.....as I will be taking the marriage leave on 3rd (Thurs), 4th (Friday) and 7th (Mon) June, daddy can get Monday off without having to touch his annual leave (because his company's policy states that the following Monday is a holiday if a public holiday falls on Saturday). We only realized that once we were in the car on our way home.

So, sometimes chor yau chor cheok geh.......

Plus it would be good to have him remember another important date. :P

The wedding will be a simple do. No morning ceremony and dinner. We planned for ROM, pre-wedding photography and a 2-3 tables dinner just for family members. I'm currently surveying the best deals for pre-wedding photography. I managed to shortlist a few of the bridal shops that can give the best offer at our budget. I'll take my sweet time to survey until we are satisfied to get down on one. My colleagues at work are very helpful and I really appreciate their helps. They gave a lot of recommendations and suggestions to me. Like which bridal shop to go and what else to get. They even searched online on some helpful information and tips for me. An idea popped out from a colleague suggesting me to hire professional photographer for outdoor shooting rather than engaged in bridal shop packages. All I have to do is assigned a photographer, a makeup artist, get a lovely gown and off we go. I pretty like outdoor photo shooting as scenery photos will not easily get bored looking at after some time. But again, it is back to budget, provided this way is cheaper than the bridal shop packages.

It turned out that I'm wrong. Although I can get a makeup session and a hair-do from the same stylist at RM200 which I already inquired, the hiring fees for a professional photographer is damn expensive. I managed to inquire a photographer which I quite like his work but he is charging like RM3K even though we are only taking photos in the Klang Valley. So, it's a No-No as it is way beyond our budget. We can still go back and acquire bridal shop studio photography instead of opting for flexi outdoor photo shooting if that's the way.

However, I just got a good news from a colleague. Again, they were extremely helpful. She told me she has a recommendation, a photographer who is willing to take up the job for FREE. But she told me in advance and very frank that this guy has no experience and his SLR camera is only 6 megapixel. He is a newbie around the corner who wants to take up photography as career. Hence, he wanted to try out some real life photo shooting first. In short, we are guinea pigs. But if it's free, why not? Colleague suggested me to try it out without engaging a makeup artist, so in this case nothing will be wasted if the result is not good. Just try to take and evaluate the result of his work first. If it's ok, then only we get down to serious business (also for FREE but with make up involved). I will have to talk to this guy to see if he is agreeable to it.

No comments: