Friday, June 11, 2010

Register of Marriage

I took a week off from office for my ROM. I was drop dead busy preparing for the BIG DAY. I spring-cleaned the entire house and on the day before the BIG DAY, I got ready a list of things to be done:

1. Brought the car for wash and vacuum.
2. Daddy bought a hand bouquet for me that looked like this....

Lovely ehh? Cost 80 bucks! Now hanging upside down to dry. Not gonna throw it away as this was the first bouquet of flowers that daddy bought for me.

3. Prepared and filled in the angpows with $$$$.
4. Ironed my gown and daddy's shirt.
5. Prepared my wedding handbag.
6. Prepared my wedding shoes.
7. Took out all the jewelries and hair accessories that I'm going to wear.
8. Pedicure.
9. Manicure.
10. Charge the camera.
11. Bla bla bla....

I can't really sleep that night and had lil' eye bags the next morning. Woke up at 6am and did my eye mask. Haha. At least it helped to sooth the eye bags a bit. Daddy's side of the family promised to gather at our house by 8.30am, hence, I got to be ready before 8.30am. Took a quick bath and by the time I was done, daddy woke up. I quickly proceed to apply make up and waited until it was time to change into the gown. I can't be walking the entire house in the gown. It would be too troublesome and hot. So, I waited until the guests almost arrived before I finally changed into the gown.

Lunz woke up with a drowsy look. It was daddy who noticed he had a hot forehead---->downed with fever! Yesterday he was still fine but on this very BIG DAY he developed fever, my gosh, the poor boy. We can't just leave him behind as there was nobody to look after him nor we can't canceled our schedule. Without wasting time, I quickly gave him the fever syrup to bring down the temperature. We had to drag him along anyhow and can only take him to the doctor when the ceremony has ended and that would have to be in the afternoon. I packed a few of his clothing, water bottle, fever syrup and his favourite blanket for him to rest in the car.

When I had changed him and myself, it was just about the right time because I heard daddy's side of families had arrived. We left for Putrajaya and reached the place about 9.30am. I was greeted by mum and brothers as well as their families. They waited for me there. Not to mention my friends too! Some of them even brought gifts for me. Poor Lunz, he was moody all the time because of the fever but he was a very good boy. He did not threw a single tantrum. I'm very proud of him. I knew I had to bring him to the doctor immediately after all this has ended. So far, his temperature was under controlled and mum looked after him while I took photos and during the moments when I signed the marriage certificates.

Took our number and waited for our turn. We took some photos while waiting.

With my 2 very close friends, Mei and Sellina, who were able to attend my ceremony.

With my brothers and nephew.

With mum and dad. Love you guys! Am really touched you both made it.

With daddy's side of family.

With second aunt, cousin Sharon and younger bro's wife in white dress.

With gorgeous sister Sellina who was able to make it last minute. She remembered my ROM date wrongly and luckily her boss granted her the last minute half day leave.

With the boy and lovely flower girl. Poor boy, sick but still managed to pose so yau yeng!

Full view of the gown. Thanks to my colleagues in MTC for the lovely gown. You guys completed my day.

Then, it was our turn to go into the ceremony room.....

Exchanged our vows and said the big I DO!

Exchanged our wedding bands.

Ta-da! It's official! We got a loud round of applause from the guest.
Neh....my brothers started it.


Honestly, the ceremony room was pretty well decorated. You can take a lot of nice photos inside the room.


We went for lunch afterward and performed the tea serving ceremony later after lunch. It was almost 3pm when we finally took Lunz to the doctor. The doctor confirmed it was a throat infection. He slept for 3 hours after he took his medication. I guessed he was really really tired and sick and I can't help but felt so guilty and sorry to him. He was such a good boy on that day and I felt truly blessed to have them both in my life. :)

No comments: