Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My 27th Birthday - 2009

My birthday was 2 days ago. Every year when we grow older, birthday celebrations seems to ebb. But there were still very good friends who made up the effort to celebrate mine with me. But then, it is always a reminder that each year I'm closer to hitting the freakin' 30s. Meanwhile, I'm just so thankful for the life I'm currently in. I must say that it is much much better than previous, in a sense that I'm happier and this made me realized that I'm living in contentment. I'm thankful for it. In conjunctions to my birthday....

Family
Ermmm...this year I actually bought myself a cake just to cheer up the kids. My mum told me, celebrations are not famous anymore. It's more in style now to just give presents and that's all. I wanted to have a merry environment and just to let Lunz know that it was his mother's birthday. So, I invested in a 1/2kg black forest cake. We did not have any specific dinner and just a cake blowing session. I leave it to the kids to blow the candles. My younger brother gave me a handbag and mum bought me a strange Korean style dress which I think was much more suitable for teenage girls. My elder sister-in-law made the effort to call and wished me while my elder brother send me messages promising me a meal during CNY. As for daddy, he got me a proper walking shoes which I wanted for eternity and finally able to have it! A backbone pain reliever for long walking hours at the mall. A must-have! Hehehe....

Girlfriends

My two most best girlfriends made the effort to treat me dinner yesterday. We had a catch up among each other and we talked about almost everything until my throat was sore. I drank 3 glasses of juices to soothe it throughout the conversation so that I can still continue babbling. But I got a bloated tummy for the night as a result. Hahahaha....I must say I had a great time meeting up with my sisters. Yenny treated me dinner, bought 2 nail polishes for me while hanging out in one of the stores and got me a striking red nightie! Sellina, on the other hand got me a La Senza g-string and a packet of cookies that she made for CNY. We had fun discussing about her upcoming wedding this year. I even told her that I'll accompany her for bridal gowns trial so that she can let me wear them after her in the fitting room for a quick photo snapping! Hahaha....just joking!

Ex-colleagues
They organized a dinner for me and also for another guy whose birthday falls in the same month with me. All of them took the effort to be there every year and I am glad I was surrounded by wonderful friends. Ahh...not to forget the big buy who gave me a mouth-watering bar of the hazelnut Cote d'or Belgium made chocolate as a present he had promised earlier. I was just joking with him. I didn't expect him to get anything for me, but I am glad he did. He made my morning more cheerful at work with every bite of it. Yum-yum...

Colleagues at work
My two girlfriends took me to Sushi King for lunch on Monday. I'm thankful for their kindness as I didn't expect them to treat me lunch. Then we spent some time shopping around that area. After that I got a surprise when we got back to work after lunch. My division throw me a surprise cake blowing session which honestly, I don't expected. I was talking on the phone when my division's secretary told me it's time for division meeting. Immediately, I put down the phone and grabbed my diary, running towards the meeting room. A glance at my division and saw that everyone was gone. I thought that I was late but little did I knew that a cake was waiting for me once I entered the meeting room. My boss was there as well. Everybody took their time off to celebrate for me. After savoring the cake, the balance were distributed to other divisions. Heartfelt thanks to all my colleagues.

Others
Most of my long-lost or distance friends, colleagues and sisters sent their Birthday wishes through Facebook. That's the thing about Facebook. It keeps you in the loop. The rest sent their wishes through phone messaging and msn.

Resolutions?
I had a few things to accomplish and I hope all will go smooth sailing. I wanted to settle down on a good career and currently hunting for one. I wanted to live a peaceful life with my family at home and hope this can be achievable soon. I wanted to decorate my own house the way I want it and hope I will be able to do so soon. I wanted to appreciate more the people around me and so I took the effort to remain good with my brothers. I need not worry about Lunz as he is quite independent at school.

Finally, I wished that everyone is in a piece of health and hopefully all their wishes will come true including mine of course!

Happy Chinese Ox Year!

No comments: