Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who Could That Be?

Both daddy and I was awaken at midnight by the noise of someone peeing in the bathroom. Shocked, frightened and a bit blur from our sleep, we thought who could that be? We were pretty sure that other than the 3 of us, no one else was supposed to be in the same room with us. And we were sure that Lunz was still soundly asleep and never woke up in the middle of the night like that ever since he quit his night feeding. Even at times when the little one need to pee urgently in middle of the night and he couldn't wake up to do so, he will tend to wet his pants a little and woke me up to take the potty for him to finish his job. Then, I'll change him into a new set of pajamas before settling him back to sleep. Sometimes the bed was wet a little and sometimes not. And when it does, I had to place a piece of thick towel on top of the wet spot for him to continue back his sleep.

This kind of accidentally-wet-his-pants incident hardly occur unless he sleeps early and had loads of water before that. He has quit diapers almost a year ago. So, back to the who-is-in-the-bathroom story....both daddy and I waited until the peeing sound stopped and we anxiously wanted to know what or who will come out from the bathroom. Finally, we saw a 3 feet plus tall fella emerging from the bathroom and walking back towards the direction of his bed. Without further delays, the fella fell back to deep sleep on his bed. Although he might had saw us, he just couldn't be bothered and just wanted to continue sleeping after peeing. Just like what adults do.

Both daddy and I were giggling madly. Still very sleepy for us, we still managed to had a short chat on how grown up the boy is now, how he knows to go all by himself to the bathroom in the dark to pee and not wetting his pants instead. And daddy also stated that all these grown up behaviours can only be seen at his house but not at my mum's house because grandparents tend to spoil the kids more. I was very happy to see all these changes in my boy which means that he is really growing up. I even told daddy that there will be more joyful incidents popping out later that will make us laugh as we continue the journey of life together. I could not remember my last sentence because by then I was already falling into deep sleep.

Just to remark, this is the first time Lunz woke up in the middle of the night to the bathroom and pee by himself, then went back to sleep on his own without asking for milk. To mummy, this was considered a very big improvement on him. Growing up sign!

No comments: