Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year 2011

Well...what comes after Christmas? It's New Year! Welcome to 2011, the year of Rabbit. And what comes after the New Year celebration? Work!! End of holidays! And I dreaded to think about going back to work. :( Haha....this is because I knew the big stuffs will be coming in. And I'll be drop dead busy at work. No more honeymooning when the bosses were on leave like in December 2010. :( Anyway, I got my first pay from SPE last Thursday. I just joined the company in the middle of December and yet I got the equivalent pay of my one full month in MTC. $$$ made me realized I made the right choice. Nothing is more comforting to know that your burden has finally eased. I don't have to worry about not having enough money to spend. I even managed to buy a personal insurance for myself with Sebastian as the beneficiary, which I was afraid to bear earlier because of the lifetime commitment (insurance) and my low pay.

And honestly, since I worked in Mid Valley, I'm more prudent in my spending than I used to be. I packed my food there, I'll be getting my season pass soon. There wouldn't be much impact on my expenses. I'll be able to save. No denying, there are also times when I walked into the same shop every few days just to have a touch on the bag I very much loved to own, but will never buy. This is because, the more I earn, the more I realized that money is precious and should not be simply spent. Of course, when it comes to my family members, I'm not stingy at all. But, when it comes to myself, I'll think twice to see if it's really necessary.

Enough of ME ME...well, back to the same question. What's comes after New Year celebration apart from starting work? It's back to school time! Both daddy and I had already brain-washed the lil' fella earlier that he has to go to school comes Monday. I even countdown the days for him. At first, he was very reluctant, which I do understand after a month of relaxing, eating non-stop, computer entertainment, sleeping and endless fun, definitely he dreaded to go back to school. He gave me a reason why he doesn't want to go to school. He told me he has lost his tooth (based on my previous post) and he can't go to school because of this. Little ones...they are so mischievous.

I had to refresh his memory by describing to him how fun school is. I told him as well that everybody goes to school, little boys and girls like you and Mei Mei. Where else, big girls and boys like mummy and daddy has to go to work. Then he bargained with me, that he only goes on Monday. I told him that school and work days are from Monday to Friday, unfortunately. I also wished it's just only Monday that we need to work or go to school. Hahaha...until today, he still told us that he doesn't want to go to school but the expression was not as sad as earlier. Maybe, he has accepted the fact that he really need to go to school. He asked us that uncle will fetch him from school to popo's house? Sort of getting some confirmation from us. Yes, of course, we told him.

We didn't do anything much for the New Year. On eve, daddy cooked dinner again. We spent the first day of the New Year decorating the house for CNY. The boy was non-stop singing and humming CNY songs while helping us out. It was real fun doing family activities like this!

Daddy made this deco himself.

This was also handmade by daddy.

We bought some new decorations also.

Hah! I love this very much!

Still more to decorate. See the purple bike over there? Daddy got it from Ikano this morning for the lil' one. As a reward from getting his bonus wor. You don't have to cycle the bike. It will move by itself when you turn the steering. And according to the salesperson, the bike can support 100kg max. The bugger was so happy that he has been sitting on it whole day.

By the way, both daddy and I has already started trying for a baby. Hope you will hear good news from me soon! ;)

No comments: