Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Weekend

Christmas fell on last Saturday. I was working on eve and that was the best part. Everybody was on leave and there were only a few of us working. We spent the whole day chit-chatting like nobody's business. Apparently, environment here without the bosses is good. I guessed it applies everywhere. Well, anyway, how I wish everyday is like that instead of the usual quiet and tense atmosphere when the bosses are around. I also grabbed the opportunity to do my last minute Christmas shopping. Shopping to me now is like an everyday to-do activity during lunchtime. I will eat at my place first and walk around during lunchtime. Unless, of course if I have lunch appointment, then I'll go out to eat.

I'll be getting my season pass soon early of January and I don't have to worry about the crazy parking fees here. Yay!! Heard that the season parking fee has shot up to RM160 (old rate was rm80) per month. And the thing is, if you have already applied for season pass, you can't claim for the RM150 parking subsidy which I mentioned earlier in previous post. The company will pay the season pass for you monthly. Oh well, doesn't matter as long as I don't need to fork out a penny for parking. Besides, I gained because the new rate now is more than the subsidy and I don't have to top up the balance. The company pays everything. Great!

Back to Christmas, I rushed back home on eve because my darling hubby cooked us dinner. But then, I still took like an hour to reach home because it was damn jam in every corner. First, it was just after a heavy downpour. Second, it was Christmas eve. Everybody was in the mood to celebrate or maybe just like me, rushing back to be with their loved ones. As I drove home, one of the audience called into the radio station that I was listening to and complaint that he was stuck for an hour in a non-moving traffic outside of One Utama. Geezzz...people just like to cramp together during festive season. I was glad I had a warm celebration and dinner right at home instead of getting stuck in traffic, regardless car traffic or human traffic.

We had one of the most delicious western food cooked by daddy. This time, daddy used spices to cook the salmon and lamb. It turned out so tasty that nothing was left behind. We had red wine also. :)
Appetizer - big and meaty scallops. Yummy!
Lamb chop for daddy.

Salmon for me.

After dinner, the lil' one open the presents. He has bugging us to open the presents since day one I put them under the tree. Then I taught him how to cross the calendar to count down the days to Christmas, which he obediently obeyed because he understood the concept. Finally, after crossing out all the dates, he asked to open the presents.

He got 2 books and a pack of cookies from mummy and a puzzle game from daddy. Daddy got a t-shirt from me.

That's how we spent Christmas eve. On Christmas day, we had morning breakfast 'yong tau foo' with mum and dad and I gave dad a wallet as Christmas present. His one was damaged and I knew he needed one. I saw that he was very happy with the gift! It's always better to give gifts than to receive them because when your loved ones are happy, you will automatically be happy. :)

Later, we went over to sis-in-law (ks's sis) house for dinner. She made roasted chicken while daddy cooked sweet and sour prawn and a mix vege. The roast chicken marinated with thyme, rosemary, lemon, pepper and salt was so delicious that the 3 of us almost finished the whole chicken. Another fulfilling meal. Hahaha....it was so sinful. We ate so much. Well, that's what festive seasons are for right? To eat and enjoy ourselves. Then, the kids exchanged gifts. I bought a pair of shoes for Emily and a puzzle set for Dom while Lunz got an art set from sis-in-law.

On Sunday, I thought of just cooking an ordinary dinner because I craved for my super delicious soup but mum called me in the morning and told me that they will come to my house for dinner. And they wanted steamboat! Mum assured me that she will buy all the ingredients and I just need to make the soup. It was really fun gathering with family members. They messed up my kitchen but they helped me to clean it up later. Dad washed both the cars, he always does that whenever he comes to my house. Mum and dad! They are the greatest! Mum and bro bought three t-shirts for lunz for CNY. As for my birthday gift, mum bought 2 blouses while bro got me a dress. What an early CNY and birthday presents! Anyway, we went for shopping in the morning and daddy had already bought 2 t-shirts and 3 pants for the boy for CNY. According to daddy, might as well buy early since it's the year end sales now.

Talking about CNY...it's just a month away! I'm planning for my leave already. Can't wait for CNY because we will be celebrating in a different way. We will be spending eve and first day of CNY in Ipoh and the following days in Penang with my family. Just can't wait. But before that....

Have a very Happy New Year!

No comments: