Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to School

My baby has just resume his schooling life after the CNY holidays. He rested another week extra apart from the CNY week. He has fallen sick on the first 2 days with just running nose and cough, but however on the following days fever came and I decided to let him stayed at home until the end of the week. So, he had 2 full weeks of food and playtime enjoyment and I was started to worry whether he will throw tantrum upon resuming his school days.

Luckily he was very good. Not a single tantrum at all. I brainwashed him a lot the night before which was on Sunday. I told him that he will be going to school tomorrow and mummy will be seeing him after school. I even told him the fun things he will enjoyed at school. Just to bring back a little bit of his memory of the fun moments at school before that. Monday was supposed to be a public holiday but since the kindi was open, I decided to send him there since both daddy and I don't have to work. But we let him followed uncle's car instead. He waved me goodbye from uncle's car and I get to plant some quick peek on his cheek. Daddy asked me when uncle had already left, "Our son going very far meh, so many 'ng seh tak' gestures one?...

Men...they are just so boring....

We went to the kindi and peeped from outside. I saw that Lunz was running into the classroom and then, he never came out again even after quite awhile we had waited. Since, we couldn't see him so we did better head off to have breakfast together! We went to the Balakong morning market first, thinking to get the chili paste that one of our friends recommended. However, after walking every corner of the market, we couldn't find it. So, we bought some fresh meat and vege instead to cook for lunch. Lunz can also get to eat proper meal when he got back from school later. After the market, we headed off for our morning 'dim sum' and tea. We really enjoyed ourselves so much, relaxing and chatting while having food without that little brat around. Hahahha...

Then, I busied myself preparing for lunch once we got home. By the time I finished cooking, I only had around 1/2 hour of personal time to myself before we went out again to pick him up. So, I turned on the TV and frankly, nothing much to watch on Astro also. *Sigh*

Later when we woke up from our nap, I asked him to do homework. Both of us sat down together with Lunz and guided him on his homework. Since he was already absent for so many days from school because he was sick, his teacher let him bring back his books to do at home. 2 of the books were just some straight lines tracing where else the other 2 were just coloring. Yes, and a page where you have to trace the dotted circles. No wonder he told us, 'draw circles' earlier when we asked him what did he do at school today. Hehehe...

Daddy guided him to hold a pencil properly and traced on the dotted lines holding his hands. Then we both took turns to guide him. By the time he had finished coloring the squares, he was bored with coloring already. So, I had to color the dinosaur for him. Hah! Time for me to do some children messy coloring. :p

Now a days there is an extra chore for me to do. I have to check his bag everyday to see whether there is any homework, whether he had finished the snack that I packed for him everyday, refill his tumbler and see if his pencil colors need any sharpening. That's what I do everyday.

Yesterday I was on MC, so I picked him up from school. I hid myself behind the banner which he obviously can't spot me. When school finished, he was the first one running out to the main door followed by another kid named Chris. He took his shoes from the shelf and jumped up and down once he spotted uncle waiting outside the gate, this was because he knew it's time to go back. He hadn't seen me yet and I saw his teacher asked him to take off his shoes and go back inside to line up and say 'thank you teacher'. When he came out from the door the second time, he just walked pass the shelf without taking his shoes and landed his butt on one of the benches. He looked around at first then finally he saw me waiting outside the gate. At first, he pretended to be cheeky, looking else where even after he had seen me. Then, finally he looked back at me and yelled, it's mimi! It's mimi! I think the little one is just too happy. :)

Then he ran towards the gate and waved to me, 'Hi mimi'. I told him to get his shoes and he obediently put them on. His teacher told me before we left that Lunz was very favorable of music. He likes to sing and has excellent memory to remember the lyrics. She told me that he likes CNY songs as well. I replied to her that he watch the CNY songs everyday. So, he knew almost every type of CNY songs. ;)

No comments: