Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Newcomer

Our baby has finally arrived yesterday. It's a brand new MYVI 1.3 EZi in metallic silver coating! My kancil baby has a new partner now and surprisingly this newcomer bears the almost similar number plate to kancil baby.

Kancil baby (WPW 257) = Myvi baby (WSH 2518)

Ok...I know..I know...not that similar actually but hey, at least there is a connection hah! I mean both started with 25 eh. Anyway, since I'm the so-called car owner, I had to spend some time with Bryan (the salesman) checking out the car before I actually drove it home.

All the inspections were basically quite routine like showing me whether the signal and brake lights are working as well as for the main head lights and spot lights. He warned me not to wind down the window as he has just tinted them for me. He showed and taught me the functions of each buttons in the car. Everything seems basic to me and did not attracted much of my attention as I did sat before in a Myvi because my friends do owned them except for one particular button.

The Bluetooth button!

I was informed that only the newer version of Myvi has this function. No wonder Bryan was so excited that he experimented it for me to witness. Not bad ha? I mean for someone that doesn't use handsfree like me, someone who always switched on the loudspeaker and strapped the phone on the shoulder underneath the bra strap so that the phone wouldn't fall, this bluetooth works perfectly for me. I just need to activate the bluetooth from my phone and add devices to it. The phone will search for the Perodua bluetooth device (meaning you gotta activate both sides). Once added, it will work from there. Meaning all I need to do is just activate both sides of the bluetooth whenever I drive Myvi baby and whatever incoming or outgoing call, I don't have to speak through my phone. I can just talk and the other party will hear me even though the mic seems far away from the seat but it is no problem. The speaker will display the other party's voice.

It may not be something new to others but to me, I think that is cool and it saves my clumsiness of fumbling the phone around, trying to make calls while holding the steering wheel. I had a chance to drive Myvi baby home yesterday from Kepong. Although I'm just the so-called owner but still I'm the owner mar, thus, I had the privilege of being the first driver to bring baby on the road. Really smooth compared to kancil baby (which is of course) and very quiet too. Can hardly heard the engine roaring unlike kancil baby, very spacious and most important, low energy level utilization coz' it's automatic (that is what the lazy daddy wanted).

Ok...with a new car around, sure there will be some new destinations to head to this weekend and I already have one in mind. Hehehe....but first, a little bit of a makeover session with Myvi baby so that it totally looks bbbaaabbbbyyy-able to me.

No comments: