Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pull Your Ear!

My boy couldn't sat still even when he was sick. He was practically running around in the clinic while we waited for our turn. What else? He was sick again, this time coughing badly. Almost every 2-3 seconds I heard him cough once. Fever came as well, that's why I brought him to the paed. because I knew I need the miracle of antibiotics. Back to my boy, when he wasn't running, he just can't sat still. He either bounced up and down on his seat or landed both his fists on us. Although he was just merely playing with just by hitting us but we just have to teach him that he can't be that violent.

So, daddy came up with an idea, which was he asked Lunz to put both his hands on his ears as if he was pulling his ears until we told him to let go. The little one did not know how to pull his ears, so he just covered both of his ears with his hands. He waited until daddy said ok, then only he put his hands down. Bear in mind that this 'follow instructions' behavior only happened in front of daddy.

I took him again to the clinic on the following day because he was still coughing badly. As usual, he was unwilling to sit still also. So, I asked him to pull his ears, well, which he did in fact. It's just that when he did, he looked back at me with his innocent round eyes and said, 'Say OK la'. Boy...he was asking me to say OK so that he can let go both his hands from his ears. I burst out laughing, didn't actually expect him to say that. Then, when I said OK, he let go of his hands happily.

Sometimes I wondered, does he knows that the pull-your-ear thingy is some sort of punishment or learning lesson rather than a game?

No comments: