Friday, February 20, 2009

Blue 10?

Yesterday when I was putting him to bed, he was mumbling to himself. I moved closer to hear what on earth he was mumbling about. I heard him saying 'Blue 10, purple 9...' all the way up to 1. As far as I'm concerned, I had never seen before any blue 10 nor purple 9 in any of the books that I had bought for him. So, I asked him again, 'Blue 10? How about 9?'

Lunz : Purple 9, blue 8, purple 7, yellow 6, orange 5, pink 4, red 3, yellow 2, green 1
Me : One more time! (Purposely asking him to repeat so that I'm sure he learnt that from school instead of him making all those combination of colors and numbers up himself)

Amazingly, he managed to repeat back the same order even after a few times and this gave me a conclusion that he indeed learnt it from school. Hahaha...I guess he enjoys school very much now! He even know how to wish uncle (the driver) 'Good Morning' every morning when he hops into his car to school. And, he actually finished the lunchbox that I packed for him everytime without fail, of course, unless he dislike the food, which he will bring it back home. For example, yesterday I packed him hotdog bread. He dug and finished the hotdog but brought back the unfinished bread. Haiz...

I packed his lunchbox with different variety of snacks everyday. It is not a necessity to provide him with snacks as the school will cater for it. The school will give the children some food such as small pieces of cakes or bread for their snack time. Anyway, I wanted to make school more interesting so I packed him with varieties of food everyday. At least, some surprise for him when he open his lunchbox to see what is in stored for him everyday during snack time.

I will make sure to alternate the type of food given everyday. It will be rotated with different types of biscuits, bread or even tarts. Sometimes I really ran out of idea on what to give him and when this happened, I usually grab whatever I could find in the household. Sometimes I will make the effort to drive out and visit bakery shops just to find him something to fill his lunchbox. Sometimes, I will even drive to a destination out of the way to get him something, like the egg tarts I got yesterday from King's Confectionary in Sri Petaling before I made the turn back to fetch daddy from Astro in Bukit Jalil. And I always felt worthwhile when I imagine his happy face when he saw the egg tarts inside his lunchbox.

So, this is what you called as a 'mother's undying love'.

No comments: