Friday, February 20, 2009

We were just LUCKY!

My girlfriends and I had dinner at the Canton-I in The Gardens last Thursday. The main idea was to celebrate Sellina's birthday. So, we ordered 4 main dishes which includes 2 prawn wanton mee and 2 porridges. Then, we ordered 2 plates of their very famous and delicious egg tarts, 1 'fa sang woo' (peanut porridge), 1 soy bean, 1 pot of jasmine pearl, 1 steam egg in orange skin and 1 more dessert which I don't remember. That was considered a lot because there were only 4 of us and each of us had a main meal. But, we shared the desserts together.

Besides the delicious food, we had fun time laughing and chatting. We chatted almost on everything and we did crap a lot. Almost everything we talked about came with a joke. Boy, I had a great time laughing and we did enjoyed the night together. Since, I'm the only mother status around, I told them I had to leave early. So, all of us started to head towards the counter to settle our bill. As usual, when I dine with these close friends of mine, they will always offered to pay the bill. And for this time, the birthday girl won! She paid the bill with credit card while I lingered next to her at the counter to check out the amount.

The cashier gave her the bill, took her credit card and swiped it. I was surprised to see the amount on the bill and even asked, 'Why so cheap geh?' but, apparently the cashier didn't heard me. And I was being foolish...I should have kept my bloody mouth shut! But thank god, the cashier didn't heard a single thing. Hahaha....

As Sellina grabbed her credit card in return, I quickly pulled her and walked away while the others came running behind, catching up with us.

Yenny : Why are you people running la?
Me : Salah kira duit la
Yenny : Huh!! Salah, why run? Go back and ask la. (She wanted to pull me back already)
Me : Duh....they salah kira la, we untung coz we ordered so many food.
Yenny : Aiyo, tell properly la. They count less izzit? I thought they over counted.

Then, we recalled back what we took and counted the actual amount. The bill should be over 100 bucks but apparently we were charged 58 bucks only. Just because the cashier accidentally took a different table's bill. It was not our bill because the food listed in the receipt weren't ours. We were soooo lucky and we even told ourselves that we wouldn't go back to Canton-I anymore because Yenny said we shouldn't eat and shit there for the second time.

Again, luck was on our side. Yenny and I went to find Sellina for lunch in Mid Valley just now. We went to Nyonya's Colors. First time in this restaurant and honestly, the food is not bad. So, the 3 of us took a main meal each and some nyonya kuih plus drinks. The bill was 33 bucks only and again I was always the one who noticed it first. I was thinking why it would be so cheap but I didn't bother checking it out until we were seated waiting for our food to be served. I saw that the bill missed out on one main meal, then I told the girls, no wonder it was so cheap. Then, both me and Yenny went to the counter, queued and ordered again.

Thank god the queue was long enough to delay some time because Sellina came to us shortly and whispered that the dishes were correct. All the 3 main meals did arrived. We gave up queuing and walked back to our seats. Indeed, we were lucky for the second time. Because we ordered 3 main meals and the cashier counted 2 only but in the end all 3 came. Hahaha...we got 1 dish FOC!

So, we made conclusions again:

1. We were lucky when we eat together. We should go out and eat more often together.
2. Never to go back to the same restaurants to preserve the luck.
3. Must only go to expensive air-conditioned restaurants because it only happens in such environment.

Ha....us and our excuses and luck too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Yenny to your Blog..hey gal now i really know what's blogging is. and i truly understand why u suggest me to blog when i told you i was emotionally strained...
Sisterly love....
something i never had since childhood.you showed me what it takes to be "simply-sisters".i've learned how to laugh when to cry where to stay or basically who to crack my stupid jokes with...gosh, hefty 15 years(we know each other when we were around 13 rite..?...i cant believe you can still laugh to my dumb jokes...but as long as it really made you laughed.And also important, how we do really fight and make our stand whenever we are talking sserious stuffs...none of us would give in because we simply like to prove ourselves right..!!
but eventually, as you read my comment, you will know how much you meant to me, my dearly sis...your every chapter of life, i wish to leave my finger-prints!
hugs,Yen

Lunz Lunz said...

Wow....never thought that you would leave such touching comment here. Firstly, welcome to my blog. I'll have all my updates here, so even if you are far away, you will not miss my news. And so do you, do join the blogsphere.

Well, it was both of us that showed each other what our sisterly love meant. And honestly, I treasured it a lot. I guess you are the only I can talk my language with. Other people won't get it as much as you do. Yeah...I do enjoyed your stupid jokes because that is what made the connections. We talked and laughed when others haven't got a single clue what we crap about.

I do enjoyed every moment with you even on the phone when we crack our heads to solve that stupid algebra equation. Who would do that with me besides you, my sister?

When you have decided to leave here to Vanilla, I know I'll encounter a loss in my life. We don't get to be together as much as we do now but nevertheless as I said if it's for your own good, the people beside you will automatically let you go.

You have indeed left many uncountable doggy prints of yours in my 15 years of life and of course, for many years to come...