Monday, November 8, 2010

Ipoh Wedding Dinner

Why all vacations doesn't last? Why all holidays are so short? Why happy times tend to pass by quicker than usual?

Just got back from Ipoh. Anyway, we stayed over for one night only, so, I guess that's why it ended so fast. We left home by 8am on Friday and reached Ipoh about 10++ am. Managed to check into our room by 12 noon. Surprisingly, of all the hotels that I have stayed before in Ipoh, this Regalodge Hotel was not bad. Not bad at all. For RM106 nett (30% early bird promotion but you gotta book 30 days in advance), you get breakfast for 2, very clean room with bathtub and all the necessary amenities such as safe box, coffee making facilities and etc. I would strongly recommend it to those who wanted to travel to Ipoh. Even myself, I'll definitely book this hotel again for our future visits. Sebastian was very excited when he got into the room. He was jumping on the bed, running here and there and kept on telling me that he liked hotel very much.

As usual, Sebastian was given the privilege to grab some goodies from grandma's confectionery shop in town. Have I ever mentioned before that daddy grew up together with this confectionery shop? That shop is really a kid's heaven! According to daddy, grandma and grandpa used to sell snacks/goodies in front of the cinema during the old days. That time, all they ever had was just a small stall. The shop was a result of grandma and grandpa's sweat and hardwork. Now, they have gained the reputation of being a top supplier instead. Grandma has passed the business to 5th uncle. And he is running it good. Business is good. When I'm there every time, I can see that the shop is always crowded with customers. Well, Sebastian got himself a whole pack of Mamee, a box of chocolates and a pack of jelly. All for FREE! And he got to walked around the shelves, picking out his choices. How fun can that be, trying to imagine myself as a kid, walking in a shop like that!

After that, we spent the whole afternoon in our room. Sebastian happily occupying the bathtub and later, sis and family dropped by for a chat. We don't even have time for a nap. And it was raining heavily, we even canceled the idea of going out to 'lepak'. Anyway, time went by fast and soon, we had to prepare ourselves for dinner.

Here are some photos taken during the dinner. We had a simple tea serving ceremony in the restaurant.

In the car, on our way to the restaurant.

Daddy's uncles and aunties.

Sis and daughter, Emily. Isn't she one of the cutest little pumpkin you have ever seen? Wish I had a daughter with big round eyes like Em.

The first dish of the night. I only managed to take this one because it was either I was too busy entertaining Sebastian or the other dishes finished too quickly once served.

Family shot. I was so simply dressed with no hair-do nor make-up that night compared to all the aunties nicely dressed in cheongsams. Paiseh! Luckily darling sis gave me this white dress or else, I have to crack my head thinking of what to wear.

Me and my darling.

Daddy and his darling.

With the cousins.

Grandma and Ku Jeh. Grandma was so happy that night she took her sweet time to finish both cups of tea (normally people just sipped a bit) and she talked a lot too, saying that she waited so long for this cup of tea.

A gift from Grandma. White gold necklace and diamond pendant. I was surprised she actually gave me white gold because I thought older generations like to give gold instead. But anyway, daddy said, maybe they know what the younger generations would like to have.

The gift looks like this.

Next, was Tai Ku Ma and Tai Ku Cheong. All the way from Singapore. Really yau sum. I heard they came by Firefly and it cost them RM1K per person for the flight. Since when Firefly got so expensive?? Crazy er...no choice, coz it's the only airline that lands in Ipoh if you choose not to drive.

Tai Ku Ma gave me a white gold necklace and pendant also.

Then, it's 4th Aunt and her husband. Also all the way from Singapore.

5th uncle and wife.

6th uncle and wife, from Penang. All uncle and aunties were present except for Lai Suk and Lai Sum. Both of them weren't in Malaysia on that day.

Last but not least, Ka Jeh and Jeh Foo. Both are very nice people. Glad to have them.

Silly daddy with Dom's red bow tie.

Now, it's the silly boy's turn. I asked him to smile, he went and smiled like that!

Taken by Sebastian.

Lastly, a photo of Dom grooving to the music.

Everybody enjoyed themselves very much! Daddy said, next CNY we will make it back to Ipoh for the eve and first day celebrations. It has been so long since he ever go back to celebrate first day of CNY with his grandma. Not a problem. We will plan towards it. ;)

1 comment:

yennyhfy @ samsara said...

aww...hugs! Now I can really say, "ah mui fong sum la lei ga bei KS...yi hau guai guai fuk si lou kung, grandma & the rest of the aunties uncles lor...!"

Craps aside, I am very very touched and joyful for you, for u have found real happiness...When two good strangers meet, they make great families :)