Thursday, November 18, 2010

Museum and Petrosains, KLCC

I was on leave last Thursday and Friday as mum wasn't around for that two working days. So, I have to look after the kid. Mum went to Sabah for a holiday together with dad and bro's family for the weekend. I sent the boy to school on Thursday and went to pick him up when it was about time for school dismissal. I was early when I reached the school compound and the classes were not dismissed yet. Some students were outside at the porch together with the principal, I noticed. Then, suddenly I saw my boy coming out from the front door, with no bag. So, I suspected that the class was not yet dismissed. He was ordered by his teacher to stand at the corner, nearby to the gate. I saw he was already sobbing. I was standing at the gate when he finally saw me, he cried even worst. But, even though crying, he dared not approached me. He just stood where he was, looking at me, crying.

Then, I 'tak boleh tahan', I went over to hug him and asked him what went wrong. His teacher saw me and explained that he didn't want to join in the art class, so she asked him to sit aside and gave him something (I think were pieces of shape foams) to play with. According to the teacher, he went and teared the pieces apart. That's why the teacher sent him out as a punishment. Then, I wiped his tears away and asked him to apologize to his teacher, which he did. But again, kids are kids. He got all cheerful again once he got into the car. I love fetching him home from school coz I get to witness his cheerful, happy face. He talked a lot too in the car because he was happy that I picked him up. And, it's really joyful to see him bouncing up and down especially when he sees me waiting for him at the gate. Can't wait to get his shoes on thou.

We enjoyed some mother and son quality time together that afternoon. I brought him to Jusco. We had lunch at Kim Gary. Then, I brought him to the Jusco kids play area. I think he played for more than an hour there. After that, I brought him for some grocery shopping and finally, a treat of Baskin Robbins ice-cream before heading home to prepare for dinner. Daddy said, we definitely know how to enjoy ourselves. Of course! Hahaha.....

As for Friday, we took him to the museum first and Petrosains next. As expected, nothing much to see in the museum. The museum are divided into 4 main sections now and all are newly renovated with different themes and exhibits. I mean I haven't been visiting the museum for the past 10 years. Hence, I don't know it has been renovated and the exhibits were different from the last time I went. If you haven't been visiting the museum for the past 10 years, it's actually worth paying it a visit for just RM2 per adult entry. Kids 12 years of age and below get to enter for free.

In front of the museum building.

Playing with the video art. Pool of fishes.

Posing in front of the exhibits.

Model of the ancient mining factory.

He said he wanted a picture with the trophy.

We had a short time at the museum and headed off to KLCC later for Petrosains. We were stuck in a terrible Friday lunch jam in town that I nearly gave up of going there. I wanted to go home already when daddy finally made his way out of the traffic and entered into the KLCC basement parking.

We paid RM24 for 2 adults and 1 kid tickets into Petrosains. At first, I thought the place was just another boring 'museum', but to my surprise for RM24, there were plenty of things to see. Even more than the Aquaria KLCC and less expensive. And most importantly, you get to learn a lot about science and children get to hands-on and play with the exhibits rather than just 'see only, please do not touch'. We spent almost 3 hours in this place and I really liked it. I mean the place. I'll definitely go again in the future when Lunz get older. I hardly recommend any local attraction unless the place is really worth visiting. And this Petrosains is really worth the entrance fees. But please, go on weekdays if possible as during weekends or public holidays will definitely be crowded and thus, you wouldn't have a chance to hands-on the exhibits.

You will get a short but slow welcome ride in a bubble car at the entrance until you reached to the starting point of the first exhibit hall where you will be dropped off.

First hall. Cheerful and interesting hall for the young ones.

Sitting in the 'car'.

Teach the young ones on image reflection. The toy car was actually underneath the glass panel but it appeared on top of it. My boy tried to grab the car. Obviously, you were unable to grab it because the car was practically not there. It was just a reflection.

Sitting on a 'digger'. Looks how fun this place is....for kids.

Second hall. Historic era of the dinosaurs. He got so scared by this T-Rex model that he asked us to u-turned back. Obviously, we ignored him and asked him to move on.

Learned about how plants grow by rotating the wheel to view the diagrams.

Live model of an oil drilling platform. You have to ride a helicopter simulator to get to this platform. But actually, you just entered on one side of the helicopter and disembarked on the other side. Ta-da! You reached the platform! But of course, during the helicopter ride, it was like motion-master.

Checking out the control panels.

Still exploring the platform.

After the oil drilling platform. Learned about kinetic energy and speed.

Had a fun time rolling the balls.

There were basically 7-8 halls but I didn't managed to take all because my camera was running out of battery. But all the halls were really interesting and you can really had a fun time exploring the stuffs. For example, you get to experience first to third degree of earthquake by sitting on a bench and pressing the buttons. The bench will shake. Then you have this booth similar to a telephone booth but you can experience hurricane inside once you pressed a button. Daddy's hair was a mess after he came out from the booth. There were many other things to see and play with. Wished my camera didn't run out of battery so soon. If not, I'll able to capture more shots.

At the end of the last hall, you will ride the bubble car again to the main exit. Then, we moved on to the next FREE show, the Playhouse Disney pals road rally exhibition.

Posing with Pluto.

Playing the games around.

Still exploring the games.

I asked him to pose with Donald Duck. Still remembered the first word he told me was 'DUCK' when he was a baby.

Last but not least, Mickey and Daisy.

Although tired but we had a great day!

No comments: