Tuesday, December 14, 2010

@ SPE

This post is I curi-curi type at my new work station. My boss's room is just behind me, meaning she can walk out anytime and see what's on my laptop's screen. But currently, she is busy in a discussion, so I have a few minutes to blog, feeling secured she will not walk out suddenly. I still have to update my fellow readers on how I am doing at the new work place, right?

Normally I will blog during working hours at my previous company, but since I'm already 2 days here and not having much of a chance to update my blog, I might as well grab the opportunity and do it now! Coz' I'll be lazying around at home later!

Ermm....so far everything is ok. No worries about how I'm doing. I'm still coping with lots of stuffs to read. To understands how they manage a conference, to understands how this position functions and to understand how they operate things around. Lots and lots of materials to read. And luckily I came in around this time of the year because at least I have time to adapt to the new surrounding while the managers go on year end leaves. My lady boss...yes..it's a lady boss told me next year will be very busy, so, I have to get myself familiarize with the things before we can get down to real work. And I should take the opportunity to do so while she clears her leaves. For me....yay!!! Opportunity to go shop around while my manager is not around. Ngek...ngek...ngek....she will be on leave tomorrow. Hahaha...basically she is nice la, willing to teach me stuffs and not the fussy type. I can't be 100% sure, gotta observed because I'm just 2 days here only. I will also have a new Conference and Exhibition Manager to report to beginning of next year. He is specifically hired from Switzerland. Wow....first time working with a guai lou! Don't know what to expect. Anyway, work is work and I'll just do my best.

Colleagues wise...hmm.....not as chatty as my MTC's colleagues. It's very quiet here unlike in MTC, if we get bored or stressed up with our work, we can just walked to the nearest work cubicle and chat with the colleague who sits there. Here is more to your own working cubicle. Even lunch, we had 2 sessions, one is from 12-1pm and the other is 1-2pm. Well, anyway, it's not necessarily fixed as long as you know you have to get your ass back in an hour. But being new here, of course I have to obey the rule and wait until 1pm for my lunchtime. The thing is, we don't eat together here. Meaning no lunch partners, of course, unless you ajak people. People usually tapao or pack their food from home. I don't feel the closeness of gathering together during lunchtime and gossip while eating like I had previously in MTC.

But, I guessed I'll adapt to it. Get used to it. Food is expensive here anyway. I might as well pack food from home. I can save on food and go gai gai during lunchtime. Just to walk around and release my boredom and maybe, stress later. Don't get me wrong! So far, I didn't purchase anything lar. I'm not that shopaholic actually unless I really like that stuff. Then I'll get it. But even though quiet, I noticed this company is quite warm actually. They have Christmas gathering and they actually called me before I officially came in to work and invite me to the gathering. It will be a karaoke session in Redbox, The Gardens this Friday. There will be gifts exchanging also. I just bought chocs for the fella I'm supposed to give it to. Simple! By the way, there is a Christmas tree in my office. And the tree is as tall as me. Very beautifully decorated. At least, it creates some Christmas mood.

Besides that, for Christmas, the company will give everyone a RM75 Metrojaya cash voucher. Not bad la....for us to spend! More shoppings then. Parking is also expensive with the new rates. There is no maximum charge now. It's per hour charge until you make an exit. So, calculated as 9-10 hours daily and the charges is RM9 per day, provided you make an exit immediately after work. Don't linger around because as I said it's charged based on per hour. Another good reason not to linger around after work and shop. Hahaha....anyway, company is subsidizing RM150 a month for parking. Per say, a month RM200 for parking. So, minus the subsidy, the balance about RM50 I will have to fork out myself. Ok la...just like paying for season parking. You can get season parking, but gotta wait. Heard the waiting list is so damn long.

Traffic is not too bad, maybe it's still school holidays now. I left home about 7.35am and reach office about 8.10am. I start work at 8.30am. So, still have plenty of time. There is no traffic all the way from Balakong but once you entered Federal Highway heading to Mid Valley, it starts to jam. But at least, it's moving. Not those stuck and not moving. Going back is also smooth except for getting out of the Mid Valley circle. Because you gotta cramped through the bottle neck to get out of the Mid Valley circle, if you know what I meant. A lil' bit of traffic there, that's all.

Overall, everything is fine. I found my shopping kaki today. She is from accounts. A young girl, about 24 years old but so far she is nice. At least, she talks and mingles with me. And told me who is nice and who I'm not supposed to mess with. We went for shopping today during lunch, and she told me to be continued tomorrow when my lady boss is not around!

No comments: