Friday, December 3, 2010

Last Day in MTC

Wednesday (1 Dec 2010) marked another history in my life. It was my last day in MTC. I thought I'll never cry because I've accepted the fact earlier that I'm leaving the company soon. But little did I noticed that my division's colleagues surprised me with a farewell gift. They gave me the surprise early in the morning when I was having my breakfast. I nearly had difficulty swallowing the bread which I was halfway chewing. It started with the farewell card, I was still alright until I started to read the messages they pen-downed for me. Tears started to pour when I read my boss's message. Actually, it was his message that made me cried. It sounds something like this:

"All the best in your future undertakings. Thanks for being one of my angels"

To other people, it might sounds normal. Just a wish. But to us, it has a meaning. Angels are referring to us, his staff. We are always known as Charlie's Angels (according to the movie) because there are only female staffs in my boss's division. Unlike other divisions. So, that was the meaning of "being one of my angels". Charlie's Angels. Of course, it has other hidden meanings too, like we have fought together (in projects) for so long and he does appreciates me as one of his angels.

It sounded so sweet, of course that I can't withheld my tears anymore. The gals gathered around my working cubicle when I was reading the card. They saw my expression and asked me not to cry, for if I did, they will cry also. And all of the sudden, they dismissed quickly without saying anything. I guess they felt the same too. Or maybe they dunno what to say. Or maybe, they too wanted to cry and the only way to stop it was to walk away. I don't know but anyway, I was glad for the surprise they gave me. Luckily, boss didn't saw what happened. Or else, pai seh neh....

On top of the card, they gave me a necklace which was shown in the pictures below. I wore it on the spot. And a golden bangle. Thanks gals! And boss too!

Work proceeded as usual that day with some last minute hand-overs and a good lunch at Leisure Mall with my colleagues. Sigh.....2 months of notices were really short and it passed by so fast that you don't actually realized that it has been 2 months.

When it was 15 minutes to 5pm, we took some good photos together.....

Me and Lay Lee (at her working cubicle).

Me and Li Har (at her working cubicle).

Me and Hamidah (also at her working cubicle).

Last but not least. The whole division.
L-R: Hamidah, Boss, Lay Lee, Me, Li Har and Ayu.
See the similarity? We were all in purple shades. It was a coincident! How matching!

I'm currently in a holiday mood. So, let's go for that now. I don't know how fate will treats me when I start the new job later. Could be better or could be worse. I can't imagine and I don't want to think about it now. But, one thing I know is, never try, never know. If I don't take up the changes and challenges now, when should I be brave enough to do it then?

Cross my fingers and hope for the best for what may come. To my fellow MTC colleagues, all the best and friendship does not ends here. We shall keep in touch.

P/S: Li Har, you are the only one from MTC who follows my blog. Do update me if there is any gatherings, news or something to kepoh with. And of course, let me know if you have the 'good' news. I'll definitely come to visit you. ;)

Take care!

No comments: