Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter

Yesterday, Lunz came back with his first time hand/art craft from school. Because today is Easter Day, so, the teacher taught the kids to make a hand craft that looks like an egg. Too bad I don't have a camera for if not, I will surely post the picture of his craft here. Anyway, I will try my best to describe the details. It was a shape of an egg cut out from manila cardboard measuring 15cm in width. Ribbon was tied around the edges of the egg. In the middle of the egg was written "EASTER" and was colored. The center of the egg was decorated with different kind of beads. Overall I think it was a good art work and was very proud of him because this was his very first hand made craft. I put the precious-to-mummy art on top of the piano and keep it well later so that I can show him back all his work when he grows older.

Last Sunday we had to force him to do his homework. The boy knew how to act lazy when it comes to the homework that he disliked such as coloring and writing. He prefers doing activities that he likes such as matching the items, drawing lines, identifying things, reading and etc. So, there was this page with a circus elephant picture that he has to color as a part of his homework. But he was so reluctant and lazy, he asked his mummy to hold his hands and do the favor for him instead. But daddy said no. Don't helped him, let him do his homework by himself. Daddy told Lunz, OK, you don't want to color...fine...no TV for you. You don't do your homework, you can't watch TV. So, he forbids Lunz from switching on the TV.

Both of us left him alone sitting on the sofa to think by himself. Few times he told me he wanted to see TV but I told him no, unless he finished his coloring. After a few minutes, giving up, he told daddy that he wanted to color the elephant and daddy turned to the relevant page for him. Seems to understand what he has to do, he finished the coloring by himself. Although a bit messy and out of line, but I'm happy he took the initiative to finish it. That is the most important quality. At least, he wasn't that stubborn until he can abort the idea of watching his favorite channel on TV. :)

As promised, we gave him what he wants. The TV!

Recently he enjoys repeating, Good Morning Teacher Aiiiyyyerrr (It's actually Lydia, Teacher Lydia) after when I said, Good Morning Children. I had to repeat many times Good Morning Children because he just wouldn't stop! Hehehe....I guess he likes school very much.

Anyway, Happy Easter everybody and TGIF!

No comments: