Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Uneventful Evening

It all started from yesterday when I was driving home after work. I saw that the Cheras road bypassing Taman Pertama was very jam so I made an alternative escape, turning into Taman Pertama and exiting into MRR II highway. Fearing that the jam might lead up to Cheras Leisure Mall, I continued driving along MRR II thinking that I could exit to Connaught highway later and made a U-turn to the opposite side of the road to get to the bank. But little did I knew that, the U-turn no longer exist. I seldom used that road, that's why. They reconstructed the whole highway. So, I had to drive all the way up to Taman Lensen and then only made my turned back to Taman Connaught. Silly isn't it? Because I need to get to Taman Lensen later but I passed by it first, went to Taman Connaught to withdraw money, then only turned back to Taman Lensen. This was so crazy!

When I reached Taman Lensen, I went to Econsave to buy vege and fish to cook for dinner. With only RM50 to last the week, I still wanted to cook for dinner and I damn regretted I did because it was the most worthless and frustrating dinner I ever had despite all the efforts I put in to prepare the dinner. Just don't want to mention what had happened during dinner here. All I knew was I shouldn't made myself so pitiful. Might as well save the $$$ to last the week before my payday next Monday. And save myself some heartache.

Back to the Econsave part, there were 2 promoter gals queueing in front of me at the cashier. They were busy chatting with the cashier while paying for their 1 item only. And the cashier was damn slow. Talking only most of the time, teasing each other. The difference between the staff in Jusco and of others, I prefer to go Jusco. At least the food and items are fresher and the staff doesn't chat like this. They concentrate on their work. I felt like eternity with their slowness. Then I had to stop by at the noodle shop to get Lunz the pork mee for dinner, sharing with meimei. After that, I was stuck at the stupid Lensen road (jam) because there is Pasar Malam in Lensen every Monday.

I finally reached mum's house by 6.15pm. Thinking Lunz might get hungry, I quickly poured out the pork mee and feed him. When I was done, I left the house 20-30 minutes later. Along my journey back to daddy's house, I bumped into a couple of pathetic drivers. These people really dunno how to drive and it got into my nerves. I was stressed because I felt that I could never reached home no matter how I tried. The bloody police made it worst when they caused the long stretch of traffic jam with their useless roadblock at the U-turn after Jusco. So, again, I was stuck at the traffic jam from Jusco's front main road until after the roadblock. The police were useless. Conducting roadblock after office hour. Wasting the tax payers' money!

When I finally made it home, I was still very stressed. The front porch was loaded with dried leaves blown in from the strong wind earlier. So, I took the broom and swept the porch. The more I sweep, the wind some how came out of no where and blew the leaves back. I was not giving up, I swept despite the wind and I managed to get a cleaner porch than it was earlier. Once I was back inside, I started to prepare dinner with daddy's help. I don't know what had gotten into me that things kept went wrong. When I tried to pour the garlics into the heating up wok, some stupid oil droplet from the wok bounced back at me (because there were water in it). It was a normal reaction as if I was burnt, I retracted and spilt some of the chopped garlics from the bowl that I was holding. Chopped garlics were scattered everywhere on the floor and I had to wipe. Then, when I tried to move around getting the things that I needed for my cooking, I accidentally broke a glass. The glass were shattered in pieces everywhere on the floor. Daddy helped with the cleaning and I vacuumed the floor as well to make sure there weren't any small pieces left behind because it would be dangerous if accidentally step on it.

When both of us finally settled down for dinner, Lunz threw tantrum because he was very tired as he did not took his afternoon nap earlier. -Something in between happened.......- The dinner was not finished. As a mother, I did rather put the tantrum boy to sleep first as I knew he threw tantrum because he was sleepy. I believe no other mothers could have nicely settled for dinner and finished her dinner while her son was crying away.

The little one slept within seconds when I put him to bed. Earlier, in the bedroom while preparing him for bed, he saw how unhappy I am because of what happened (not tantrum part) and even as young as 4 years old, he went towards and hugged me. I was touched and felt better. Later, I went for shower and the stupid shower hose fell of the compartment twice and I need to fix it back in the middle of my bath. Then, when I was washing the dishes, the dish rack holder fell off to the backyard through the window. I had to open the back gate to retrieve it. I was wondering what else could have not happened. What else??

I was bloody sleepy when daddy pulled me for a long talk. In fact, I was drowsy because I had flu medicine earlier. By 12am when I went to bed after the talk, I just couldn't sleep because the medication effect was over and my eyes were soaring badly. By 1.30am I went downstairs to drug myself again with the cough syrup thinking it would put me to sleep soon. I dunno what time I had fallen asleep and was awoken by the heavy rain. I guess maybe around 3 something.

The only thing that made my day cheerful this morning was because despite the little time I had for my sleep, I still had a nice and wonderful dream. I dreamt of Ron Ng Cheok Hei (cute TVB actor) and it was sweet! I guess that would lift my spirit up to survive my sleepy mood today.

Ron Ng

Nevertheless, congratulations to daddy for his increment which I guess I can only have in 7 years if I'm still in MTC. Plus his bonus as well. Congratulations. Although it could not be what you expected, but hey, human can never be pleased and satisfied. That was considered very good already despite the current economic situation. You should be happy for at least you weren't hearing news that you are retrenched or no bonus and increment this year. I would be praying to God thanking Him already if I get what you have now. If you feel that you are not satisfied, at least this motivates you to work harder and achieve what you want later.

No comments: