Monday, April 13, 2009

If Only I could Travel Back Time, I Would Have Bought It!

Friday, 10 April
Supposingly, I was to stay over at mum's house that night because daddy had to work at midnight. However, later in the evening, he told me the job was canceled and he will be back home early. I was actually debating on whether to continue with the original plan of staying over at mum's house or head back to accompany daddy. So, I made a choice. I headed back to daddy's house despite the heavy rain that was already pouring by the time I left mum's house. Unable to think of what was for dinner, I went to McD's drive-thru and simply grabbed a value set meal for daddy while I took an apple pie. It was still raining heavily when I reached home.

I don't know about daddy's mood la. All I know was I went and bought dinner for us both despite the heavy downpour and I was just hoping we can sit back and enjoyed the dinner together. But the response I got from him was he wanted to take his portion up to his PC room and have it there. So, I told him, can't you just eat with me at the dining room because at least here we can accompany the little one? He obeyed but was very quiet throughout the dinner despite my efforts of asking and trying to create conversations to him. He was silent unlike our dinner time, we used to babble non-stop. After dinner, he proceeded back to his PC room and stayed there the whole night, exiting the room only for bath and sleeping time. For the first time since I moved in, I felt that my return to the house was a wrong thing to do that night. I understand everybody has their side of mood swing or bad mood but please be considerate to others' feelings as well. That night I did nothing but house chores, i.e., sweeping and mopping the floor and changing the bedsheets. Constantly, cursing myself for why I still need to do all this despite the cold shoulder that I was receiving.

I really wanted to go home when my best friend called and said she wanted to visit my mum. It was still raining that time when I told him, I will be heading back home. He made no attempt to stop me despite the heavy rain, just nodding in acknowledgment only. I felt that my temperature has started to rise again and immediately I went to get Lunz. But the boy was busy watching the TV so much he did not want to leave. Hesitating, I knew I was going to stay because it was late and I don't want to put myself in the danger risks of travelling home alone. I made firm decision to leave only the following morning, but I knew deep down in my heart that I can't walked away from him like this. Not because I am wholly dependable on him, it was because I saw the responsibility and commitment of 2 persons staying under one roof and sharing the same bed. It is how you learnt to be patience and willing to gulp down whatever the unpleasant things that he might have provoked in you. The thing which I had learnt was the ability to control my temper. I just pretended he did not exist for the night leaving me and my boy to entertain ourselves and when the boy had went to sleep, I shifted my attention to the TV alone until almost 12 midnight and then, I called it a day.

Saturday, 11 April
I knew it. I knew I did be soft-hearten and asked him, are you feeling better today? Daddy, I just wanted to tell you if you are having mood swing, tell me directly, everybody has it occasionally. I will respect it and I will not bother you for the rest of the day. I do not deserved any cold treatment from you especially after my effort to bring you dinner despite the rain and I did nothing wrong in requesting you to eat together with me.

We spent the day with a visit to the hair salon where mum, daddy and Lunz got a new haircut. Daddy was finally back to his own cheerful self after the long night. We had conversations as usual. I made a trip down to visit my grandma also. Poor ol' grandma is very old and suffering. My heart ached knowing the fact she couldn't be with us for long. For night, we went to pasar malam and hunted food for our dinner. I bought incense sticks and fruits to be brought to the Ching Ming ritual for daddy's mum on Sunday. Then, we went to mum's house for mahjong. By the time we reached home, it was already 10pm and I had to rushed the little fella to bed.

Sunday, 12 April
We left the house early in the morning. First, I asked daddy to fetch me to the nearby wet market to buy some fresh flowers for the Ching Ming ritual. Daddy's car was hit second time on the back bumper by an Indian lady while waiting for me at the car park. I must admitted the parking area was very messy and congested with cars but that's the only place he could wait for me. Daddy released the lady without asking any payment from her because the damage was just a scratch of paint lost and also considering he will be getting new spray of paint from the insurance claim. Ha...that was an incident earlier on where his car got hit as well on the bumper causing his back sensor and the side bumper a little disorientated. Daddy reported to the police and has just submitted to claim for the other party's insurance.

There I was saying the first time when I bought lucky 4D numbers after the first accident but the number never came out. So, I told daddy that I will buy this time and see if it will come out. I was very determined to buy his car plate but as the day progresses, I actually forgotten about it. Before we hit off to the cemetery, I passed Lunz to mum asking her to look after awhile for me. When we were finished we headed back to fetch him and the little one was very happy to see us. He said, Mimi, darling....hi guys! I mean, hi guys?? Where did he learnt that from? Hmmm....

We spent the afternoon setting up the ancestor's altar at home. It was meant for daddy's mum. We decided to set up this traditional remembrance for her, so we were pretty occupied till late afternoon. I was very satisfied with the setting, at least I fulfilled what I have promised her earlier. And to my surprise, daddy told me he burn incense sticks every morning after switching off the altar's lights. It was just like getting used to the habit and you will not miss it.

When it comes to dinner, each of us have to cook a dish to be brought to mum's house for family gathering. It was her 46th birthday celebration! So, daddy volunteered to cook instead and we all headed back to mum's place by 5 something. On the way back, we dropped by the shops and bought 4D numbers. The only number on my mind was daddy's mum tombstone number after our visit to the cemetery earlier. So, we bought her tombstone's number instead. My earlier determination to buy his car plate number did not cross my mind somehow at that particular moment. All I remembered was the tombstone number. Grrrr.....unlucky as it seems, daddy's car plate number popped up first prize later when we checked the Internet. It was the reversed version. We bought the tombstone number in the direct and reverse version. If we could have thought about the car plate, we would have bought in the similar version as well. Where has my earlier determination gone???!! If not, I would have pocketed RM10 K plus and this Monday's morning would have been more cheerful.

Darn....I'm now back to the ol' grumpy gloomy Monday mood.....*sigh*

No comments: