Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Accidents

And so the list of unfortunate continues, I'm really looking forward to some change of luck. Bad things just kept on happening to me, one after another. Hmmm.....I think I should visit one of the temples in Thailand later, for some sheer good luck!

Talk about accidents or maybe bad luck.....

Trapped Ball
I was having my bath after work in daddy's house when Lunz came knocking on the bathroom door, yelling. I instantly knew something was wrong. The knocking was an unusual one compared to those playful knocks he always did while I had my bath. I opened the door with the towel wrapped around my wet body and saw him crying pointing to his nose. OHHHH GAWWWDDDD!! I knew what happened immediately and rushed towards him, ignoring the towel that dropped from my gripping. I put my tiny finger into one of his nostril and felt the tiny ball was indeed trapped inside his nostril. I panicked. Not ever in my life had I be that panicked. I was so afraid that if he inhaled his breath a little bit harder, the ball would be sucked inside and a surgery will need to be performed to remove it. I gotta maintained the position of the ball, not willing it to be sucked in, but at the same time, my tiny finger was not small enough to reach and dig it out without him screaming painfully.

He was crying badly, I panicked even more. I gotta think fast, on how to remove that bloody ball. Daddy was not in the room, he had went downstairs to fix his dinner. I can't wait for him to come up. But being too panicked blurred my ability to think of a rational way. I quickly opened the door and screamed my lungs out for daddy. He came to my rescue. We tried to pin him down on to the bed and locate the ball. But he was screaming hysterically. Nope! This is not the way, he should be standing instead. At least the gravity will maintained the ball's position. Laying down will only make things worse.

The ear hole digger! That tool! We can used that tiny tool to dig the ball out. I fetched daddy to take the digger from the desk and he returned with a torchlight as well. I instructed Lunz to remained calm and stand still by telling him that daddy will take the ball out. While daddy tried to insert the digger into Lunz's nostril, AAAAAHHHH CCCHHEEWWWW!!!! Lunz sneezed everything out, i.e., phlegm, germs, mucous and the BALL as well from his nose.

Pheeewwww! I sat down with him on the floor, wiping his tears and soothed him down. There, he did not cried anymore meaning he was fine already. I looked at myself and realized I was naked. Luckily blood did not oozed out because I practically had no time for sanitary pad. Not to even think of it. Luckily the floor and the bed sheets weren't stained. I immediately threw away all the bloody balls. It was from the construction toys set and earlier I thought he was unable to find those balls as I hid them in the box. Not a wise move. Have to be more careful when I picked his choice of toys next time. Scare the hell out of me!

Punctured Tyre
I was on my way out of the parking, ready to head home after work when I discovered that it was damn hard to turn the wheel. Sixth sense warned me that something must have gone wrong. I came down from my seat and inspected the tyres on the driver's side. Negative! Fine. I walked around the car and ta-da! The tyre on the front passenger's side was flat. Complete, total flat! Grrrrrr......I hate this. I haven't change a tyre before in my entire life. And seeing it this flat meaning I can't go far obviously. I tried to glance around hoping I will spot a tyre shop. Nope. Not one that I can see. Maybe they have tyre shops at the front row of the shops. OK...I drove to the front row, not far away and dissapointed to discover all were motorcycles repair shops. I stopped and grabbed my phone. No wonder they say, in urgent times, it is OK if your pocket doesn't have a single cent but as long as you have a bloody phone, it will save your life.

I called my colleague and asked him the location of the nearest tyre shop. He gave me the directions but I failed to locate the shop. Apparently, I found out later that I had missed that turning. Knowing the fact that I can't drive further with a total flat tyre, I called him again and this time he came to my rescue. He picked up a mechanic and drove the fella to where my car was parked. The mechanic changed into a spare tyre for me and later we followed him back to the shop to fix the punctured one. The only bless thing was it did not rained as it usually does at such hour everyday.

Trapped Finger
Again, my little boy gave me another heart attack. I was having my dinner when he cried loudly. I turned around and saw his middle finger of his right hand got stuck between the compartments of a cupboard. How on earth his finger can land there? Kids, they always do the unimaginable and unthinkable. OK, I dared not to pull out the compartments because by sliding them will hurt his finger. He lost his patience. He pulled out his finger by himself as hard as he can before I had a chance to know he intended to do so.

I quickly soothed his blue black finger with lots and lots of ice. The silly fella stopped crying once he saw ice. I let him played around with some of the ice while I put some in a hanky and blotted on and off his bruised finger. He should be fine, I think. I remembered when I was little, I used to have a lot of accidents as well. The worse one was I fell down from a bicycle with a stone penetrated right into my palm. My mum had to use a tool to dig the stone out from my flesh. I still had the scar now on my palm.

Haiz....Hopefully I will be able to experience at least some sheer good luck soon!

No comments: