Wednesday, October 15, 2008

At The Park

Yesterday's evening was fine and sunny. Unlike previous evenings, thunderstorms were everywhere. I took the kids to the park and they had so much fun. First, they put on the shoes on their own. Then, they walked down the stairs on their own, listening to every of my instructions on not to run and stayed close to me. They behaved really well in the car during the whole journey and got pretty excited when they saw the park from a distance.

They had a great time playing the slides and swings. Meimei met a new friend as well. A toddler as tall as her and even bigger than her in size and yet she called her, bibi...bibi...Girls are always girls, they tend to be pretty busy body at most times. Meimei lingered around with that toddler most of the time and on several occasions tried to hug and even kissed her. She even told the girl whilst pointing to Lunz and said, "Lunlun...lunlun", meaning she was trying to tell the girl that that was Lunlun. I guessed it's time for her to start school as well. Lunz, on the other hand kept on saying, "I can-----not believe it!", which he obviously picked up from Little Einstein.

There were a few times, both of them fell on to the ground accidentally. I did not made any attempt to help them get up. I just watched as they rose from the ground themselves. Then, they showed me their dirtied palms and I just said, "It's ok, never mind. Just some dirt." I just brushed their palms with a hanky and then they hopped off happily resuming their playing session. The reason I don't pulled them up was because I wanted them to learn to get up on their own. Falling and the ability to stand up again are parts and parcels of the life journey. It may not be seen on such simple occurrence but yet will have effects on their lives later. I need not to be so nervous that they might hurt themselves. I know most parents, they do most of the time. But learning is just another process of life.

Later on, when it's time to leave the playground, I just told them that it's time to leave now and we shall go back for dinner. They did not throw any tantrums at all. In fact, they obediently followed me all the way to my car. You know la, kids sometimes when they had so much fun, they just don't want to leave and you had to chase them all around or even yelled your lungs out just to keep them moving. Surprisingly, they behaved extremely well and even hopped up the stairs by their own. Lunz did not asked me to carry him up the stairs at all and so do Meimei. All these earned them another credit to the park again next time soon.

No comments: