Thursday, October 9, 2008

Exhausted Night Feeding-Solutions??

I'm thinking to quit his bottle-feeding and change it into non-spill cup instead for his daily milk intake. The reason is simple. It was because he got so addicted to night feeding so much that I hardly get a good night sleep every night. This night feeding thingy shouldn't have continued considering he will be 4 years old by next year. He ain't a baby anymore, he does not require the additional milk intake. Night feeding will only contribute to tooth decay. But apparently, it was bloody hard for me to kick off this habit of his. Maybe I can't tolerate his cryings that eventually makes me give in to him. It's my ignorant power that isn't strong enough. I am too soft-hearted perhaps. But how can you be not when he cries like there is no tomorrow and keep on repeating 'nien nien' like a talking machine every few seconds? As if I abused him. *Sigh*.....

I'm not sure but according to my common sense, perhaps it is the sucking action on the bottle teat that he is addicted to. So, if I can just change the bottle into cup and slowly let him adapt to it, perhaps he will not want night feeding anymore. I just feel like he likes to suck on the bottle teat that makes him crazy for milk. I don't know whether it is an addiction or a habit BUT GOD, I need to do something! He wakes up every night punctually at 2 am without fail craving for his milk. It's like an alarm clock that was being implanted into his head and it will rings automatically signaling time for milk at 2 am! I don't know if it works but I'll try. Any comments or suggestions, anyone?

No comments: