Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Weekend Was Not Bad

Fellow readers, you must be wondering why am I bragging about weekends. Well, if you are single and young, you would have just grab your purse and hit the nearest mall with your girlfriends during the weekends. Or, you would even join in the late night parties, clubbing, "yum cha" and even some movie time!

But to some ladies like me who has commitment, 'not-young' and has a kid, some family outings or activities during the weekends will keep my time occupied and my little one entertained. I bet The Blue Ranger will agree with me when she read this!

Last weekend was better than the previous one. It all started on Friday, 08.08.08, daddy offered to grab us KFC after work. Then, we ate in front of the TV while watching the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony. I must say I'm proud of the Chinese's effort to make the ceremony a remarkable one. You can actually witness the power of unity in them. And in short, I'm proud to be Chinese as well. They are really progressing. Beijing rocks!

On Saturday, I changed and washed the bedsheets once we woke up. Then, I took my car for the quarterly service and brought lunz to the nearby saloon for a nice haircut. Daddy had one too. After that, we headed back home for lunch. Yep! I cooked lunch because I had bought some groceries on Friday and because my mum gave me 2 big chicken drumsticks as well. So, I prepared lunch while daddy helped out. I must say that daddy was extremely helpful over the weekend. Daddy helped to bath lunz while I cooked lunch. Then, he helped me to sweep the floor, looked after lunz, fold the already-dried clothes and hung the bedsheets out to dry under the sun. You know la, men, they have to be ordered to do something, then only they will move but he did everything without being ordered to do so. Nevertheless, thanks alot daddy! Keep up the good work! Hehehehe.....

When lunch was finally ready by noon, we all settled down to eat. Lunz appetite was pretty good as he finished most of the rice. I boiled the sweetcorn and carrot soup. It tasted good with the "yuk chuk" but will be better if I add extra soup bones. 5 soup bones for a pot of soup is definitely not enough. But, still it tasted good. Thanks to the "yuk chuk" added. I cooked a vege, tofu, steam chicken drumsticks and scrambled onion eggs dishes. We had a satisfying lunch even with simple dishes like that. After lunch, I mopped the floor and took my car back from the service garage. Then, all of us took our nap up to 5pm including lunz! Ya, you are right. He slept at almost 12 midnight later.

By 6pm we made a move back to my mum's house. Time for some mahjong playing session. They have it every Saturday. We had dinner at mum's place. Then, I took lunz out for a stroll at the nearby pasar malam with bro's family while daddy displayed his mahjong skills. By the time we left my mum's house, it was almost 10pm. We called it a day!

On Sunday, we headed down to Mid Valley Megamall to get meimei a birthday present. Her birthday will be on the coming Saturday. We went together with bro's family. We had "dim sum" breakfast in one of the Chinese restaurant at The Gardens. We went to Toys'R Us after that and daddy got lunz a bottle of bubble blower. I finally managed to bought a pair of shoes for meimei. By 1 something, we left the building. The mahjong "kaki's" already called for a session at 2pm. So, we lingered at mum's place until 5 something before we headed back home. We bought "bak kut teh" for dinner and while I prepared everything in the kitchen, daddy kept lunz entertained with the bubble blower. Lunz was extremely excited to watch the bubbles in the air that he ran here and there trying to catch them!

Again, daddy helped to bath lunz while I washed the dishes. He was reluctant to take his bath earlier on. Hehehe...dunno why. By around 8 something, Lunz had already fallen asleep because he hadn't nap since the strolled from Mid Valley. I was surprised to see that daddy ironed all his clothes by himself because I normally iron them for him. Hhhmmm....again, we called it a day! We slept rather early that night as we knew we had to get up early the following morning because it is Monday!

What else?? Working time lor...Arrrggghhhhhh.....

No comments: