Friday, August 15, 2008

No Smooth Sailing Theory

As explained in my earlier "Wheel of Fortune" post, life can't be good at all times. And the bad ones do come after the much pretty good ones. Why can't life be smooth sailing? Well, I guess that is what life is all about...to live and to worry.

I had some obstacles both in my case and in accepting the job that I was offered. In regards to my case, I always have to push the lawyer for updates. All lawyers are damn slow. Mine are not excepted. And if they can't make it on time, why promised earlier? Why make empty promises and make people wait? Since I'm the client, I think they ought to get some serious soundings from me already. I have been too patience, generous and kind to them. This is ridiculous as I'm paying them dollars and cents, you know.

On the other hand, I might not be able to commence on the new job. The stupid HR from the new company rang me up yesterday and confirmed that they already went through the medical report and mentioned it was alright with them. And before they actually proceed to produce me the offer letter, that HR bitch actually told me they had reconsidered my experience and decided to reduce the salary that they are offering! I was like "WTF????"....
Below is most of the tele-conversation that I can remember:

Me : But that was not the amount as promised and agreed earlier?
Bitch: No...no..that is not a promise (Yeah...right!)

Hell, right?! And if I would have known that, that is the amount (after reduction), I wouldn't have given them the time of my day for the blardy medical checkup!

Me : Ok...fine. I need to reconsider then.
Bitch : Sherine, let me advise you. Sometimes don't look at the dollars and cents. It is the opportunity and the experience that you should go for. (Yeah...right again! Would anybody willing to work for free considering it is not the matter of dollars and cents? Raise your hand high please).

She is really a bitch. She was the one that made my best friend fell into her trap. One stupid Malay lady that has worked in the corporation for 10 odd years and thinks she knew everything because she is an old ass there. My friend was curious as well when she entered the corporation with a much lower basic salary and decided to ask her boss whether she was the one that agreed to this amount that she has gotten. Coz my friend was being told by that bitch that it was her boss who decides on her pay. She was surprised to find out that her boss knew nothing about it, not as claimed earlier. Indeed, then she found out that the Malay lady was the culprit behind it. Same goes for my situation right now. I'm going to call my future reporting boss (he was also the one that interviewed me) and see whether he is able to fight for me. Then, only the decision of accepting the job or not goes from there.

I have never heard of companies reducing people's pay only after medical check up. Normally, the agreement on salary wise was made before the medical checkup. If not, why would people waste their leave, petrol, time and energy to go for the stupid medical checkup? These people are making a bad name of their company. What a shame!

No comments: