Monday, August 4, 2008

Last Weekend Was Pretty Good

My boss is a really nice boss la...everywhere he went for trip regardless it is a business trip or on his own trip back to New Zealand, he always get us gifts. So, my working desk has all the souvenirs bought from all around the world such as Austria, China, Japan, Laos, Czech Republic, Ukraine and etc. Not only him, but the rest of my colleagues always exchange gifts whenever they go for business trip. It's more like a culture to us in this small little division. But I'm glad we have this kind of practice. It shows that we care for each other.

Again, I've gotten a nicely wrapped box of mouth watering chocolates from New Zealand. It's a gift from my boss's wife who has just arrived from New Zealand. Tengok...boss's wife pun ada present for us. Where to find such good and knowledgeable boss la? He is like a walking dictionary. That was my answer when a colleague from another division asked me a question recently, how come your boss know so much?

Last weekend was just plain and simple but with some activities at least. Lunz slept until 9.30am on Saturday and Sunday. He broke the record. He has never wake up so late before. So, it was indeed a reward for me to sleep longer. Hehehe.... Roll

On Friday night, I was mopping the floor when an eye catching Chinese drama was played on Astro Wah Lai Toi. I immediately stopped my mopping action and sat down on the sofa to have a glimpse at the show. I said it was eye catching because it shows the part where both the husband and wife were having some negotiation with the husband's mother. The mother, who has cancer and was at her final stage of life was trying to reconcile her son and daughter-in-law's marriage...

Mother : I'm about to die, Jackie (Daughter-in-law's name). I want to know, do you still love my son, Ah Kiew?
Jackie : Love (whilst she nodded and sobbed)

Then, the mother approached her son and asked the same question. Her son replied the same answer.

Mother : You love her. You love him. Why you never tried to save the marriage? There are billions of people on this earth, do you think it is something easy to find 2 people that love each other?
Ah Kiew : Mother, the marriage cannot be saved. I can't possibly live with someone who is bad tempered and act like she is a princess.
Jackie : I also can't live with someone who doesn't speak rationally and stubborn either.
Mother : In a marriage, you must live and accept with each other's weakness. To be husband and wife, not only you must be patience with each other but you have to be patience for the rest of your life!

Then, she explained when she was nearing death, the only thing that she prayed to God was to give her one last breath to gain her strength so that she can tell her beloved son and daughter-in-law all these words and God granted her wish. Then by the end of the drama, the daughter-in-law rushed to hugged the mother when she was about to leave and the son joined in as well. It was a good ending indeed....

So, the moral of the story taught us the parts and parcels of marriage. I was more paying attention to the drama because that was precisely what my mom told me before that, when I was having some difficulty in my relationship. And I am very blessed to have a mother who shows care and affection on every aspect of my life. Regardless of what happened. With that, I finally realized the simple true meaning of life. Life is short. Don't be calculative on things but in fact, cherish each other more with passing days.

On Saturday, both daddy and I took lunz to see the paed. for his recommendation on the next inhaler for asthma. It's a good thing to hear that lunz's lungs condition has improved. He recommended using a new inhaler for this time and stop afterwards to see whether he still needs it. Then, we went for some personal movie time. We watched Mummy 3. It wasn't as nice as episode 1 and 2 but considered OK. We had good time. On Sunday, we took lunz out with mei mei (brother's daughter) for some kids playing activity at the fun ground in Tesco. Kids always have great time playing. Daddy gave me a surprise. He secretly bought the Famous Amos cookies for me which was my favorite. It might be something simple but meaningful. I'll ask Jag not to bang his head on the wall then. Hahaha.....For dinner, I tried to cook for daddy. Boiled the 'Ham choy taufoo' soup and 2 simple dishes. Good to say, I'm pretty well at boiling really tasty soup without the use of ajinamoto. Hehehe...I want to try boiling the sweetcorn and carrot soup using the onion, 'luk chuk', 'gei chi' and red dates next time. I also want to try making the pork floss pancake for breakfast soon.

Daddy, if you are reading this, stop the saliva dropping action. Tongue Out

No comments: