Monday, July 21, 2008

Downed with Flu

I'm not in a very good mood today. I dunno, maybe they call it the Monday blues. Or maybe this morning's interview affected me. I'm down with flu since the past 2 days. Vomit
I have been taking medication since. No matter how much fluid I tried to flush down into my body, I felt dried. My throat, my tongue and my lips. Hesitating, I went to visit the company's panel after lunch. It's a flu according to the doctor. People has been getting funny flus due to the weather conditions. He gave me the normal, you can name-it-all medication prescription (flu, phlegm, antibiotics and cough syrup).

I attended an interview this morning. The position of a Personal Assistant recommended by my best friend in her company as per written in my previous blog. They called me last Friday and arranged for an interview today. Despite my sick condition, I have been talking non-stop answering all their questions. My mouth felt dry all the time due to the flu and I had difficulty in talking. I bet the interviewers must have noticed why I suddenly lowered my voice as I can't speak anymore. Of course, I told them I wasn't feeling very well. Just in the case they wondered.

I must say I have already gave my best shot in the interview. I'm proud of myself and my own confidence. But no matter how perfect you want it to be, there tend to be some flaws here and there. No one is perfect! As what they usually quote! Despite me convincing the interviewers that I'm attentive to details and yet I forgot to prepare copies of my certificate. And they actually asked for it. With an apologetic look, I told them I have already finished distributing all the copies in the previous interviews while pretending to dig up my file. I even offered to make the copies immediately for them. They told me it's alright. They don't need it because they already viewed the originals. If I'm to succeed for the job, I can hand over the copies later for keeping . What an embarrassment! Shy WhistlerHehehehe.....

But looking back on the questions and answers part, I must say I did performed well. I answered everything gracefully. The good-looking boss, James commented that I'm very aggressive and he is wondering whether this position will be able to hold me down. I do not know what he meant by such remark. Maybe he thinks I'm too ambitious??? When it comes to salary wise, I made a stupid mistake again. I should not have put a range. I should have put a fix number and place a remark "negotiable" next to it. But according to the magazines I have read, it taught me to put a range. Now I'm getting confused as the stupid and irritating HR Malay lady tried her every best to degrade my expecting salary although I defended myself that I'm worth much more. So, me again to be blame as I shouldn't put a range there as definitely they will pick up the lowest number in the range.

Haiz.....what was done was done. It's now up to them to decide and they said they will keep me notify in the next 2 weeks time. We shall see how it goes from there.....Meanwhile, all I can say is that I felt dizzy from the flu that has been affecting me....I think I will down some cough syrup tonight for a better sleep.

No comments: