Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mimi leh?

We celebrated 2 birthdays yesterday at one go. The birthday boys were Tommy and Jag. All of us went for those all-you-can eat steamboat buffet after work. It was a good dinner and everybody enjoyed themselves. I discovered something out from the dinner yesterday. Mum called me and told me that Lunz was actually looking for me.

Hmmm......my boy is only 3 and this is the first time I heard him looking for me. I mean he knows how to look for me already and this has never happened before. According to mum, he must had realized that the day was approaching night and everybody were supposed to be back from work. He noticed that his 'kao foo and kao mou' were home but where was mummy? He approached mum and asked her, "Mimi leh? Mimi leh?" My mum told him that mimi went for dinner and he asked no more because he understood what 'dinner' meant. But occasionally, when he heard some noises from the front door grill, he ran all the way there thinking it was me. But only disappointment that surrounded him when he found out that it wasn't me. Then, he just stood at the front door staring blankly outside.

He was asleep when I came back yesterday. Poor boy must have waited for me whole night. My heart ache when I think of that. Being a single mum, I think it is healthy to have some social life with friends once in awhile. I don't go out with friends often. Only once in a blue moon. Maybe it wasn't that bad after all.

This morning he asked my mum again after he woke up and found out that I was already gone to work. "Mimi leh? Mimi leh?", he asked. Mum called and asked me whether lunz see me yesterday sleeping next to him or not as she knew he took midnight milk yesterday. I replied that definitely he would have noticed me as he was the one who asked me to 'chung nien nien' one. Hahaha...dunno. Maybe he slept until blur blur he didn't noticed me and still thought that I haven't come home yet.

No comments: