Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time for Kindergarten

Both Daddy and Mummy were on leave yesterday. So, we took the opportunity to survey the available kindergartens that are nearby my mum's house as mum will be taking care of lunz after schooling hours.

Yeah! It's time for my little baby to start his first year in kindi. We took him along due to we wanted to observe his reactions towards the place and his interactions with other kids. I managed to visit 2 kindis and the reviews are as below:

1) Fun City - Child Development Centre
The place was very well organized and clean with every rack and drawer labeled with equipments contained. Classes were separated according to the children's age and each class has not more than 10 kids. Children of 3 years age will sit together in a round table where else the 4, 5 and 6 years old will have the classroom siting in preparation for their early years in primary later. They even provide the triangular shape pencil for easier grip for the 3 years old children. Just newly learn to hold a pencil.
The head teacher was surprised to see lunz's size when I told her that he was only 3 years old. And when she showed me to the 3 years old group, I can say my son was the biggest in the group. Other kids were so small in size compared to him. Guess I think he is more suitable to be placed in the 4 years old group. The kindi has a science lab, music area and computer room. The kindi only has one session in the morning which is from 8.30 - 11.30 am. It will then be converted to daycare. The starting fees would be RM 1100 and monthly will be RM 230. Money

2) Mayter Montessori
This kindi gave me a bad impression. Kids running around freely during lesson time. Although the equipments are much more in variety but when there is no character building, it is also useless. Has got the same facilities as the initial kindi, e.g., science lab, music room and computer room. But this montessori has larger classes. Meaning they have 2 or 3 classes for year 4 onwards and have 2 separate sessions, one in the morning (8-11am) and one in the afternoon (11-2pm). The principle told me that each class hold not more than 18 pupils! I was like Holy Moly
18 is definitely a large number and she dared to say it's a montessori some more. So, this one is actually out from my mind.

So now, since I have decided to enroll him in the first one, I gotta crack my head on when is the most appropriate time to start him off as well as on the transportation wise. Headache.

No comments: