Monday, July 7, 2008

Super-fast pick up!

This is where I'll start to blog about my 3 years old son. Never too late as daddy quoted! Well, I may missed sharing out what happened to this mischievous little guy since he was a baby but at least it's a good start now.

He just had his 3 years old birthday 3 weeks ago. I can never imagine any children at this age fears people singing birthday songs in front of them. Imagine the brightly lit candles decorated on top of a delicious and tempting birthday cake. Balloons, cheerings and clappings from the guests. Most of the kids just can't wait to blow off the candles and unwrap their presents. Surprisingly my boy returned my gratitude for organizing him a birthday party by throwing up even before the birthday song ended.

Yep! You heard me right. He actually cried and vomited on all over the floor! So, there goes pity mummy has to clean up and flushed everything. Eeeewwww.....imagine that. But of course mummy was glad that everybody who were present to the party enjoyed themselves despite the cleaning was tedious. Finally, after cleaning mummy deserved a piece of the mouthwatering cake and of course sharing it with little lunz.

At 3 years old, I found him to be good at memorizing stuffs. Maybe it's from the video that he watches daily. For example, when I just spelled out y-e-l-l-o-w, he can tell me it's yellow. Same goes for other colours. And if I missed out on a particular colour after I had mentioned the rest, he would simply remind me which colour I have left out. I couldn't believe it, so, I purposely repeated this time missing a different colour and again, amazingly he was able to tell me which colour that I've missed. So, upon learning that he might had watched and memorized it from the daily videos, I decided to perform another test.

Daddy drew different shapes using different colours on several sheets of paper. Daddy spelled a particular colour that comes together with a shape. Something like "yellow triangle" with a triangle coloured in yellow below those 2 words. Well, for him reading the colour might be easy but the spelling on shapes might be a task for him. Although he knew very well the name of each shape but spelling it out is rather a different thing. So, he spent his time reading letter by letter forming the words. He approached us if he was uncertain about the pronunciation and believe it! Merely just a day after reading the spelling, he happened to memorize some of it. Like when I asked him, o-v-a-l, he said oval! Same goes for heart, moon, square and star. Looks like he is super-fast in picking up which hopefully easier for him during his later years in kindi.

Well, as daddy said when he looked at me, "Our son knows how to ask people already when he is unsure about the words. Very touching eh?" And he would then hugged and asked lunz, "Are you ready for school?"

No comments: