Friday, July 11, 2008

Wheel of Fortune

When it comes to tarot, the Wheel of Fortune represents cycle of life. The Wheel let's us know that everything moves in circles. Just as the wheel can move downwards and bring misfortune and bad luck, it is sure to move upwards again and bring us the luck we seek.

My life yesterday was very much in connection with this card. Goods things first and bad things next. The good news I received yesterday during working hours really lightened up my mood...

Good News:
- A best friend of mine called me yesterday and told me that her company was looking for someone to fill the position of Personal Assistant reporting directly to the President and that she recommended me to the secretary in charge of recruitment. Whoa! I handed immediately my resume to her and she will submit it on behalf of me. Cross my heart and hope that I will succeed for an interview soon. :)
- I bumped into my Uni coursemate yesterday through one of the inquiries by phone. I did not realize it was him until later we recognized each other finally and had a chat over the phone. He asked me how was MTC? I told him about my intention to leave here (MTC) and he immediately asked me to submit my resume to the company that he is working. According to him, his company was looking for someone as well to fill up some position. Again, good news and will do that soon...hehehehe....

Bad News:
- Our CEO decided to cut whatever cost which is not necessary to the staff. Previously, when we traveled for business trip to countries more than 10 hours of journey, we tend to get to fly in business class. But however, he standardized everything now to economy class regardless of the destination! Deng! The only privilege that the staff has were taken away like that just for the sake of cutting cost excuse! Not to mentioned low pay and limited chances of promotion, bonus and increment, he took away the only benefit that we have. Fyi, we just fly in business class for destinations more than 10 hours and not in every single journey. Damn!

The bad news continued after working hours. And this time worse...

Bad News:
- Stupid blardy lawyer fly my kite! And worse still did not make any effort to contact the clients upon appointment canceled. I went to the lawyer firm only to find out he wasn't around and has gone home. My gosh %*^(()*&)(&%^^#$#^)*!!Kicking Dirt! And when I called him, he said postponed to next week and wanted to hang up immediately without informing me next week when???!!??...I gotta ask him then only he told me to call back on Monday or Tuesday to fix a date again. I felt that he is not sincere in accepting my case and only does so on behalf of daddy. No point if he is not serious....I decided to appoint another lawyer, phew! I will be meeting a lady lawyer this Saturday and if she is good, the case is hers!
- When I reached home, found out that my little baby was having fever. Without much hesitation, rang daddy up and told him that lunz need to visit the doctor. So, daddy took us to the doctor and carried him all the while during times in the clinic. Poor boy, cling onto daddy tightly and placing his head on daddy's shoulder. So restless....and then finally the visit to the doctor ended up by lunz throwing up before I entered the house. Just a few steps before the door. I carried him on my back and all my clothes kena dy. He threw up milk only coz he did not had any solid for dinner. Haiz....heartache to see him sick. That was just the beginning, I woke up few times at night to check his temperature, twice to make him milk and twice I hardly get to return back to my sleep...blink..blink....

Finally, one little good news after the bad ones. Luckily he did not throw up in daddy's car!

No comments: