Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wet Morning

It was raining cats and dogs even before I set my foot out from the house. It was always like that. Cool, rainy and breezy weather when we have to work. Grrrr...... I had to switch on the fan despite staying in an already air-conditioned room last weekend for a nap because it was toooooo HOT.
And there it goes, always tempting to take mc for a stay at home on a cool weather like that. Finally without much choice, I grabbed myself up from slumberland and prepared to head to work. But I encountered some difficulties which I had to keep on lying back on the bed and pretended to be asleep. Neh....my son lor, kept on turning left and right and there were some times where he literally opened his eyes and caught me stood there half way dressing and staring back at him. And if I make a move to lay down on the bed again, he would eventually fall back to sleep acknowledged that I'm there. He just need to 'feel' that someone is there sleeping beside him. On good times, he will just sleep soundly and the noises that came from me preparing myself will not interfere him at all.

It took me blardy 45 mins to get from my house to work. Usually even with morning traffic, the latest will just be around 30 mins. So, I only reached office by 8am and got slightly wet from the drizzling rain. That was because I was too lazy to drag along an umbrella...hahaha....

Little lunz was downed with flu and cough at the moment. So I gotta drug him everytime with the paed's prescription. I have to pump the solutions into his bottle and mix it together with milk. It's damn difficult for me to feed him the medicine directly into his mouth. Hence, I gotta mix it with milk...haiz....So, yesterday when I was fixing him milk, he saw me pumping the orange colour solution into the bottle. I tried to cover the sight of me executing the process with my body so that he will not have the faintest idea on why mummy is putting the medicine into his milk bottle. Unfortunately, my actions were too late and he saw it. Expecting him to reject the milk mixture that I have made, he mentioned a statement that tore a laughter from me, "Orange nien, orange nien" (Due to the mixture was orange in colour after mixing milk with the medicine syrup)....Well, he happily downed every single drop of it because orange has always been his favourite colour :P

I happened to stumble upon a news of a friend who passed away yesterday. I felt numb hearing it due to 2 particular reasons although I'm not very close to her:

1) She had been fighting with cancer and apparently lost the battle. It took her life. Cancer is a silent killer. We just gotta watch our health carefully.
2) Life is so short and unpredictable. We should cherish everyone that we love because we might not know what will happen next. And that's why, my advise is go and seek happiness because there is nothing more meaningful in life than being happily surrounded by family and friends.

To lunz, daddy, parents, family and friends - With all my love

No comments: