Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hyperactive in early mornings

This morning was even worse, he came running to me the moment I exited from the washroom. Sobbing, of course. I placed my hand on his head and smoothed his hair. Then, he followed me back into the room. I bent down and peeked on his rosy cheek.

Mummy: Why are you up so early, baby? Go to sleep la. It's not even 7 yet. Mummy has to go to work.
Lying on the bed, he looked at me with wide eyes....
Lunz : Chung nien nien...
I purposely ignored him, continued to smear the cotton blotted with toner around my face. He persisted.
Lunz : Nien nien nien...mi mi....make nien nien...nien nien...
I finally gave in....
Mummy: OK, little buddy. You wait here while mi go and make ya.

Within seconds, he finished the whole bottle. And with that energy booster, he ran all the way out into the living room aiming for the TV.

Lunz : Mi mi....ABC...ABC..A for apple...
Indicating that he wanted to see the ABC VCD that he used to daily. And yet he couldn't reached the DVD player coz it was placed way high above him.
Mummy: Huh??.....so early?...You will wake everybody up, baby.
I looked down and saw his pity round eyes looking back at me and I gave in as well.
Mummy: Alright...alright....lets lower the volume then.

Considering that I needed to rush to work, I headed back to my room to prepare myself. Even though the volume was lowered, with him happily repeating after the narrator was loud enough to wake everybody up in the household.

Lunz : B-O-Y...boy! C-A-T....cat! D-O-G....dog!
There he goes....jumping up and down with excitement in front of the TV. I can even heard his voice from my room. What a hyperactive boy early in the morning?!?!
I was half way blowing my hair when he came in and lay down on the bed watching my actions. He was having several continuous coughs and before I could say anything, the milk that was in his belly minutes ago was splattered across the bedsheet. I quickly pulled him up and tried to absorbed as much of the milk with whatever clothe material that was within my reach. My mum came to my rescue and changed him into fresh clothes immediately. Luckily I did not changed the bedsheet earlier which I intended to do so yesterday.

Even after throwing up, he still hops back happily to the living room and continued to watch the TV. Kids are REALLY kids. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. My gosh! It's already 7.20am and I still haven't changed....

No comments: