Friday, July 25, 2008

Recovering

Lunz is getting much better now. He is back to his usual self again. And very naughty, of course. But he hasn't fully recovered yet and the antibiotic must be finished. There were times yesterday when he sneezed, greenish phlegm popped out from his nose. But at least the fever was gone.

When it comes to feeding him medicine, I will usually mixed them with his milk as explained in earlier blogs. But this time, I wanted to see fast result for the fever to subside. This is because milk-medicine mixture usually takes time for the milk to breakdown and being digested. Hence, the medicine will take a longer time to be absorbed into the blood. Due to that, I chose the more efficient way to make the medicine work faster and of course with increase difficulty. The method was TO FORCE-FEED HIM THE MEDICINE DIRECTLY!

During the first 2 days, mum and I had difficulties in grabbing hold of him. We need to push him down, held his hand and legs, make sure his head stays straight as I need to feed the medicine directly into his mouth. He was struggling like mad and there were few times, I was kicked on the chest so badly. So, when I wasn't around yesterday at home, mum had to feed him alone. He was kicking miserably when mum said to him, "Don't la kick like that, popo alone only has no strength to hold you ah. You sick sick, must eat medicine". Immediately after she said that, he started to kick less already as though understood what his popo meant. Mum told me about this yesterday when I went back. Then, when it was my turn to feed him the final round of medicine for the day, he ran off when I called him. I took the medicine syringe along and went after him. He ran off to his popo's room and there was no way out as I was behind him. "Come la, eat medicine. Be good boy", I said. Hesitating, finally he turned his head towards me and opened up his mouth. I quickly pumped the medicine in. Of course, in return, he was rewarded with a big kiss and a good boy praise from mummy for being so brave.

For bedtime story yesterday, we read a book about fruits. When it came to a picture of an orange, he was waiting for me to say "orange".

Mummy : Apple (I purposely mentioned apple instead of orange)
Lunz : Orange (He corrected me)
Mummy : Apple (I repeated the wrong word again)
Lunz : Orange (Looking confused)
Mummy : Apple
Lunz : Apple (Now he was repeating after me)
Mummy : Orange (Now I said correctly)

He laughed because he knew I was making fun of him.
The next picture was a watermelon.
Before I had a chance to tell him it's a watermelon....

Lunz : Banana (He purposely said it wrongly first before I did! Although he knew that was a watermelon)

I was like....ROTFL What a cheeky little boy!

No comments: